As most people know, unless you live under a rock, Katie Couric is leaving CBS. Which begs the question, who
watches CBS News anywayis going to take her spot?
When you think of popular music, Ke$ha and Rihanna come to mind with their electronic beats and bold (often autotuned) vocals. But country music? Nah. Even with the breakout stars like Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum, country music stars take a backseat to their pop and rockstar counterparts in the music biz.
It's Lady Gaga's 25th birthday today, which for a normal 25-year-old would mean throwing on her nicest Forever 21 dress and boozing it up (while holding back tears about being old). But for Gaga it probably means throwing on a dress made out of week-old sushi, a crown made out of young children's baby teeth, and shoes made out of donkey hooves.
• The health benefits of being in love • 7 things you can do solo • Lady Gaga unleashes her country side • Black Swan drama: this woman says Natalie Portman is a liar • Dolly Parton explains how she lost Dolly Parton look-a-like contest • Vote for the IT bag and be eligible to win one • I'm addicted to post secrets
• Meet the women who changed love and sex forever • What did the internet do before cute kids? • So fun study...women dress like mannequins • What I would give to see Lady Gaga's closet • Who cares if Zac Efron is gay? • 7 ways to deal with a bad day • Is it bad to be a virgin in your 20's?
In honor of Women's History Month, CollegeCandy has decided to spotlight some of the world's most influential women. This week, we pay homage to some of the most spectacular twenty-somethings. These are the women who inspire us, change us, and make us realize that we can make a difference in the world.
Despite the fact that we like to believe we've left stereotypes and cliques and clichés back in high school, it's simply not true. Sure it's less obvious in college, considering that a lot of those stereotypes have morphed and changed, as have the people who used to fit those stereotypes...but it all comes down to the same thing. Lots and lots of college clichés.
So it’s Monday morning. You’re already late. There are a million things you should be doing right now. But really, you just want to sip your latte until you’re more awake and hold off on starting this week a little bit longer, right? Right.
Just last February, I was planning my 21st birthday party. Now, I’m facing 22 (or as I like to call it 21+1) straight on. Even though the last twelve months have gone by, it feels like just yesterday I was indulging in jello shots and margaritas. For my 21st. Because just yesterday I was indulging in jello shots and margaritas.
• Taylor Lautner fans are crazy • Random stuff I don't need but kinda want • Does Lady Gagas new song rip off Madonna? • Glitter and condoms: welcome to New York Fashion Week • Vanessa Hudgens has gone and sexed herself up • Child stars: where are they now? • 20 VDAY gifts for your ex
• How to get Sofia Vergara's boob-poppin look • Winter skin rescue tips • I kinda LOVE this ring! • Jennifer Aniston talks about the last time she vommed • I wanna grow up to be this women • Total Ad placement FAILS • Do toning clothes really work?
You didn't leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That's okay. No stress. You'll get it all done. We're so sure that you'll get it all done that we're giving you a few more excuses to procrastinate.
Maybe in an attempt to make up for all the cheating and divorcing that went on this past year, half of Hollywood seemed to get engaged over the holidays. I guess they really let the Christmas spirit get to them. Either way, congrats celebs.
2010 was a great year for
rocking out with your c*ck outmusic, there's no doubt about that. We got to experience Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and listen to Eminem recover from a drug addiction. We were introduced to Bruno Mars, got drunk to with Ke$ha and even learned to enjoy some country music courtesy of Sugarland.
2010 is officially coming to a close and what a year it’s been in music! This year presented us with an awesome array of new artists, re-introduced us to some ones we may have forgotten about, and of course, left some songs in our heads we wish we would never have to hear again. So let's take a look back and rock out to the 20 biggest songs of 2010. (It’s like my own little Grammy’s!!)
Besides Lindsay Lohan being Lindsay Lohan and a few other tidbits of news, celebrity gossip was…
2010 was a big year in entertainment. This was the year that people not only realized how ridiculous Speidi is, but also realized that Kate Gosselin might be the devil in disguise. But there were a few people who really made the most of 2010, and as we say goodbye to this year, we think it's important that we recognize them.
She might be the most Googled woman on the web, but we think her look is getting pretty old and that…
Apparently while we’re still polishing off Thanksgiving leftovers, Hollywood’s already gearing up for 2011. And they just announced the first pot-stirrer of the New Year: who’s nominated for February’s Grammy’s…and who isn’t.
• Ke$ha explains the dollar sign • 7 ways to ruin your resume • What if you never threw anything away? • How to avoid one night stand awkwardness • Lady Gaga's ego is out of control. Shocking. • Help a clueless bro out • 6 things that will send your date running for the exit
Well, we all know the big news this week was Demi Lovato's breakdown, which stirred up a lot of controversy (and not just on CC!). I would like to focus on everything else that happened this week instead of focusing on her very personal issues. We truly wish her well, and I want to respect her family's wishes to keep out of it.
All of the CollegeCandy writers are strong, smart and...er...opinionated people. So we're not surprised when some of our blogs turn into heated battlegrounds. But unlike some other sites, we don’t let this scare us. In fact, we take pride in our super-opinionated writers AND readers. After all, that's the whole point of CollegeCandy -- a place where every college girl gets her voice heard.