Just last February, I was planning my 21st birthday party. Now, I’m facing 22 (or as I like to call it 21+1) straight on. Even though the last twelve months have gone by, it feels like just yesterday I was indulging in jello shots and margaritas.
You didn't leave all your work until Sunday night did you? What!?! You did. That's okay. No stress. You'll get it all done. We're so sure that you'll get it all done that we're giving you a few more excuses to procrastinate.
Maybe in an attempt to make up for all the cheating and divorcing that went on this past year, half of Hollywood seemed to get engaged over the holidays. I guess they really let the Christmas spirit get to them. Either way, congrats celebs.
2010 was a great year for
rocking out with your c*ck out music, there's no doubt about that. We got to experience Katy Perry's Teenage Dream and listen to Eminem recover from a drug addiction. We were introduced to Bruno Mars, got drunk to with Ke$ha and even learned to enjoy some country music courtesy of Sugarland.
2010 is officially coming to a close and what a year it’s been in music! This year presented us with an awesome array of new artists, re-introduced us to some ones we may have forgotten about, and of course, left some songs in our heads we wish we would never have to hear again. So let's take a look back and rock out to the 20 biggest songs of 2010. (It’s like my own little Grammy’s!!)
Besides Lindsay Lohan being Lindsay Lohan and a few other tidbits of news, celebrity gossip was pretty slow this week. Maybe all the stars are...
2010 was a big year in entertainment. This was the year that people not only realized how ridiculous Speidi is, but also realized that Kate Gosselin might be the devil in disguise. But there were a few people who really made the most of 2010, and as we say goodbye to this year, we think it's important that we recognize them.
She might be the most Googled woman on the web, but we think her look is getting pretty old and that’s why we’ve been over...
Apparently while we’re still polishing off Thanksgiving leftovers, Hollywood’s already gearing up for 2011. And they just announced the first pot-stirrer of the New Year: who’s nominated for February’s Grammy’s…and who isn’t.
• Ke$ha explains the dollar sign • 7 ways to ruin your resume • What if you never threw anything away? • How to avoid one night stand awkwardness • Lady Gaga's ego is out of control. Shocking. • Help a clueless bro out • 6 things that will send your date running for the exit
• You should be happy you weren't dating in the 1930s • Yay for Four Loko rap videos • Dress like a real life Gossip Girl • Most expensive weddings ever • Funny celebs saying funny things •How are Gwen Stefani's kids so cool? • Celeb says what?!
Well, we all know the big news this week was Demi Lovato's breakdown, which stirred up a lot of controversy (and not just on CC!). I would like to focus on everything else that happened this week instead of focusing on her very personal issues. We truly wish her well, and I want to respect her family's wishes to keep out of it.
All of the CollegeCandy writers are strong, smart and...er...opinionated people. So we're not surprised when some of our blogs turn into heated battlegrounds. But unlike some other sites, we don’t let this scare us. In fact, we take pride in our super-opinionated writers AND readers. After all, that's the whole point of CollegeCandy -- a place where every college girl gets her voice heard.
• Important lessons in Lady Gaga costumery • Street art: these people have mad skillz • Dr. Oz wants us all to have more sex • How do I tighten up down there • If we had photoshop in real life • 5 under $50: Foldover boots • Jon Stewart interviews Obama
Halloween 2010 is finally here and we're looking forward to celebrating the only national college holiday that ends with me getting stabbed in the eye by an oversized fairy wing. While we're excited to see all the awesome creative costumes, we're also dreading seeing all the cliche and uninspired pop culture costumes.
Remember the fun days when your mom prepared disgusting looking food for your favorite friends? When you had to stick your hand into a box and feel something gross like slimy spaghetti? Just because you're in college doesn't mean the childish fun has to stop.
• Best Halloween prank ever! • 3 stylish looks for first dates • Things you do not want to find at your parent's house • Why does Elton John hate TV talent shows? • Someone REALLY thought this was a good idea • Suddenly political debates are looking real funny • Since when does Lady Gaga do normal thing
When you're little you always hear "Wait till your older" from piercing your ears to getting your first pair of heels to sending your very first sext. However, once you hit adolescence, it seems like you're constantly told to "act your age" or that you're "too old for" something. Just because you're in college doesn't mean you can't bask in things from the past ... Here are ten things you are definitely never too old for.
• 50 couple costume ideas for Halloween • What makes your defriend someone on Facebook • Just a really cool castle • Does sex get better as a relationship progresses? • Meet the new Jersey Shore gang • Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are rivals?! • Dating tips in diagram form
• Is Glee bigger than The Beatles? Apparently. • Lady Gaga's got some bizarro backstage demands. • Mark Zuckerberg gets the Simpsons treatment. • 8 ways to take charge and get what you want! • Signs you might just not be that into him. • Presenting: Snuggie 2.0.
• The worst thing you can do to your boss • Need a quick fix? Here's an idea. • He's the ultimate wedding crasher • Win a free mixology kit! • 10 signs you're dating a d-bag • On campus ban has students going crazy
• The bombshell walks away from Victoria's Secret. • What weird sh*t did Lady Gaga wear now?! • Should tall girls wear high heels? • Need to improve that concentration for midterms? Try this. • It seems the Situation might have a situation in bed. • Because it's Friday. And this is really freaking cute.
Did this week go insanely slow or was it just us? Maybe it was the lack of excitement at the VMAS or maybe it was the lack of any celebrity scandals (like, LiLo pull it together and do something crazy. We misss youuu).
Lady Gaga: performance artist, musician, diva, pot-stirrer, general crazy person…but fashion icon? I don’t think so. With bows made out of her own hair, latex leotards and barely-there bubble bras, it’s easy to wonder why the hell Gaga can’t just wear a little black dress like the rest of us.
• How to handle a man who only texts. • Oprah Winfrey loves her fans. A lot. • Gaga explains her meat dress. (I can't believe I just wrote that.) • Check out Christian Siriano's new line for Payless! • College students are hypocrites. • Awwww Justin Bieber's got a crush!