As we eagerly await the third installment to the Twilight saga, "Breaking Dawn: Part 1," we cannot help but look back at where we've come so far on this blood sucking journey. At this point, all you #TeamEdward and #TeamJacob fans probably know all there is to know about the storyline and all of its characters. And the Breaking Dawn trailer has given us just a mere taste of what's to come in the next movie.
On Wednesday, I sat down after a long day of work, classes, and caffeine to find the only thing that could turn my day around waiting for me. My Glamour magazine had arrived. Eagerly, I sat down to indulge in some horoscope reading and horror story retelling. But before I even reached the cover story on Fergie I was sidetracked by something else entirely.
Seriously, can you believe it it's July?! I know, I'm freaking out too. Before we know it, August will come and we'll all be dragging our butts and our Yaffa Blocks back to school. But fear not, the holiday weekend is here! I don't know about the rest of you women, but I know I'll be spending the next 3 days lounging by the pool with a margarita (or two) and a big, juicy hot dog (or three).
Is it just me, or does it seem like almost every celebrity out there had some giant scandal in 2009? I feel like I spent at least 3/4 of the year crouched in front of the TV or refreshing my news on the internet just to keep up. From Michael Jackson's shocking death, to cheating husbands, to a family sending a silver balloon in the air and forcing their family to lie just to get on TV, the scandals have gone from serious and sad to very WTF worthy.
Ah, the new year is upon us, ladies. I absolutely LOVE this time of year, when everything feels so fresh and full of promise (or is that just the fact that I finally have my mom to clean my dirty laundry?). But, as tempting as it is to delete the old year like last week's Nip/Tuck season finale, there are still some (very valuable) days left in 2009.
• Just want to clear that up. • Tiger Woods ain't talkin. • The Muppets are better than Queen. • 5 couples destroyed by reality TV. • This couple actually made me barf. • Could Gwen Stefani's family be any cuter?
When I was waiting outside of the Scholastic store in Soho to buy the 7th Harry Potter book, I saw a reporter from the New York Post who was walking up and down the massive line and interviewing people for a story about the book’s release. I overheard him speaking with one guy who had a lightning bolt scar on his head.
When I read the first, crisp page of Twilight, I became a Twihard. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I don't think I'm a vampire, nor do I think I'm a clumsy, modern damsel in distress who will be rescued by a strong, fanged man. Okay, the clumsy part is true, but I digress.
And other facts he shared with Jay Leno. The 10 most obvious reality show one-liners. Winehouse hospitalized. Not surprising, really....
• In case you still didn't know... • Beaver pees on news anchor's face. Happy Friday. • Looks like it's time to head back to The Gap. • Back off, ladies. Kanye is not single. • You can learn a lot from...porn? • Wanna see celebs doing drugs?
• Taylor Swift does country music best. • But who dressed the best on the CMA Red Carpet? • Don't get in a car with this woman. • Kristen Stewart proves the 80s are back. • Shorts for a holiday party? Yes. You. Can. • 15 signs you and your love are meant to be.
• What's the sexiest accent? • Hailey Glassman hates Perez. We hate them both. • Mischa Barton gets in a bar brawl. • That causes acne?! • Kristin Stewart needs a new stylist. • Is a college job really worth it?
• Adam Lambert is single! (But still not into us ladies...) • Dakota Fanning wins the big prize. • What's wrong with Elton John!? • Is fear preventing you from finding love? • Mel Gibson's got another baby. • Robert Pattinson opens up to Vanity Fair (and looks really hot doin' it).
• Best. Hollywood couple. Ever? • Michael Buble is a pot-head. • Your daily delicious dose of RPatz. • The 10 worst drug store shampoos. • I knew Angelina wasn't perfect. • Pick up a dude this Halloween weekend!
• You want some Lady Gaga hair? • So, who's gonna rock out at Lilith Fair? • Probably not the best disguise of all time... • The hottest colors of fall/winter 2009. • OK! Magazine is obsessed with Kristen and RPatz. • The First Lady's thoughts on dating.
The great thing about new music is that you never really know what you're gonna get. Sorta like life. And a box of chocolates (thanks, Forrest!). Sometimes albums totally and completely surprise you. And sometimes they don't at all. Sometimes surprises are good, and sometimes they're a huge letdown. Sometimes all you want is your favorite band just the same as always, and sometimes a little change makes them all the better.
• I'm sorry, but we're gonna have to disagree with that one. • Beyonce and Jay-Z have too much money. • Kate Gosselin talks about her hair. • 5 things single girls hate to hear. • These things will NOT help you save money. • Madonna really wants to be Oprah.
• Let the Amy Winehouse downward spiral continue! • Need answers to your tricky love questions? • Chris Brown gets sentimental. • This takes the vampire obsession a bit too far. • Who will host the Golden Globes? • Bradley Cooper is single once again!
• Paris Hilton is looking....boob-ular. • Ivanka Trump is married. • In more Gosselin news...Jon still sucks. • Noah Cyrus the next Lindsay Lohan? • We're lovin' Rachel Roy for Macy's. • New Moon goes on tour!
• The world will miss this comic legend. • Nicole Richie has the cutest family ever. • We all have Halloween regrets. • Is Rev Run coming to Broadway? • Does Kristen Stewart deserve an Oscar? • Easily the best Halloween costume of the year.
I’ve sold a few items on eBay, and it’s truly wild what people will buy these days (although no one wanted my used retainer... strange). Recently, a clump of Elvis’s hair sold for $18,000 at an auction in Chicago. I don’t know how I feel about this. Someone just legitimately purchased old hair follicles and dandruff for the price of a small car. This got me thinking:
We're giving away a Twilight gift basket worth $140 each to two lucky CollegeCandy readers. What can you win?
• Haven't we heard this before? • DUI = Bad. Naked DUI = really bad. • Michael Jackson's glove doesn't come cheap. • Utah totally hearts New Moon. • What happens at a cougar convention?? • So that explains Lady Gaga...
Obviously no one learned their lesson from Paris Hilton (or Kim Kardashian, Leighton Meester, Screech, etc...). and clearly Vanessa Hudgens' nude body all over the internet didn’t quite send the don’t-take-nude-pictures message either, because twilight star Ashley Greene has some not-so-PG photos circulating the world wide web.
• Looks like no one cares to see Britney Spears perform anymore. • We want berry lips like Megan Fox. • Green jobs are best for recent grads. • Is Miley Cyrus single? • 14 tips to look better in the buff. • Oh no. Kristen Stewart is so gonna ruin Dakota Fanning.
Poor students thought they had gotten in. GOT YA!!
[I like to think of myself as a pretty easy going gal and try not to sweat the small stuff....