It’s finally here: Halloweekend 2011. And though many choose to witty, creative or innovative with their costumes (like building a fully-functioning digital camera costume), most choose to simply…wear less. But Nicole Richie is not okay with that option.
Last weekend in Toronto, where I live, a reported 1,000 people marched together in the first-ever SlutWalk. The campaign was a response to a comment made at a local university by a police officer, who said women should avoid “dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized.” The police have since apologized for the officer’s comment, but it still hit hard with the organizers of SlutWalk.
• Study shows: women like chasing men
• Join the SLUTwalk
• Guess who is returning to Glee
• Taylor Swift is wearing a stupid sweater
• Just a great celeb interview
• Reality TV’s 10 biggest crybabies
• Does Hollywood have any idea what a dorky, awkward girl looks like?!?