Before you take the plunge into the best four days of your life, pretty much everyone from older siblings to family friends reliving their frat days has some advice to offer you. Sometimes you receive gems, like tips on how to navigate a gross cafeteria or where the best study spots on campus are, but sadly that’s not always the case. Here is a round up of the worst advice incoming freshman receive.
Halloween in college is a big deal. Major, really. You may have thought you hit your trick-or-treating peak in the 3rd grade when you wrapped yourself in tinfoil and went out as leftovers, but think again.
• Choose the major that will get you to your dream job
• 3 fun and unexpected Halloween costumes
• Just a typical college ACB thread
• Tailgating on the cheap
• Do’s and don’t of bringing a laptop to class
• Unusual careers for college grads
• 4 habits you should adopt in college
• How to have sex without regrets
• I can’t find one boyfriend, but he marries his 4th wife
• 7 easy ways to get healthier
• College girls finally close the marriage gap
• Justin Bieber’s laser tag scandal
• Looks that should be left behind in college
• OMG. Michael Lohan. You’re the worst!
Fall is in full swing. The pumpkin spice lattes are a part of your daily ritual. You’ve broken in your new fall boots. You’ve given up that whole turning over a new leaf idea – you know, the one that involved getting your homework done on time. And hey, just in time for midterms too.
• 3 places to meet guys in college
• Halloween costumes you’ll wear again
• Why it’s good to go to college far from home
• The Rappin’ Librarians (video)
• Pay off your college debt now
• 8 Brain Boosting Foods
• Vote now for a national homecoming queen (and be eligible to win MONEY)
The Huffington Post created this gem of a slideshow several days ago. Liz O’Neill claims that the usual reasons your roommates loathe you (you’re a slob, a mooch, etc.) are veils for deeper, subtler issues. Actually, they hate you because you are prettier than them. And, you’re going to make more money than them in a few years!