As I've mentioned in my past posts, planks are great for strengthening your core. It also uses every single muscle in your body, so you can call it a full body toner! Since I know you're an expert at planks, I challenge you to bring it to the next level with this move...
I don't know about you, but I am completely obsessed with arms. On guys, strong arms makes me feel protected and safe - not to mention, it's uber sexy. On girls, nicely toned arms show a sense of empowerment and look great in sleeveless dresses. So, I'm finally dedicating this week's workout to getting that sleek arm definition.
You might be feeling a little sluggish from the weekend. Perhaps it was the Memorial Day barbecue? Post-finals food coma? Graduation hangover? No matter the cause, I have a an easy fix for that food baby of yours. These great ab exercises will target your lower abs, aka that stubborn stomach pooch that often gets ignored with standard crunches/ab workouts.
When it comes to fitness resolutions, it’s hard to stick to every little detail. There are days when you may feel tired, a date comes up, or you find any excuse ("Judge Judy is on!") to justify yourself. But that's only hindering you, and while it may seem easier to just give up sometimes, sticking to a plan to reach your goal isn't as hard as you think.
• Still unsure about the latest Chelsea news... • How often do you need to change your workout to get results? • Do you believe in the hall pass concept of relationships? • Family feud contestants say the darndest things • 6 Easy ways to mix prints • When did the muppets get so frickin' cool • Wow, Cam Diaz is insanely toned
A lot of times, the fighting and rivalry between sexes causes a behavior called 'reduction,' where each sex reduces the other one to a short list of (of I don't know, lets say 13 or 14) traits, to belittle others and to make themselves feel like the true social scientist they know they are. But, all fun aside, we know that regardless of genitalia, people are actually quite complex.
• Say it ain't so, Glee wants to do a Bieber episode • This is the worst celeb advice we've heard in awhile • Let's talk about female sexual dysfunction • top 5 mistakes that dieters make • Hot guys from our fave '90s shows • Sign me up for rehab for this bling • 8 signs he's not ready to commit
Whether or not you're one to make resolutions, January is the best time to get in shape. Summer is now only a short six months away! Bring on the bikinis and shorter than short-shorts - it's time to look and feel great. In my past blogs, I've showed you how to tone up and strengthen your muscle groups. Now, it's time for me to explain how cardio workouts can really get that six-pack and those toned legs to show.
• Get fit with this 15 minutes workout • How to get rid of your toxic ex • This is the cutest thing I've ever seen. • 5 bad habits to break this year • Is it sad how much we care about this couple?! •The best celebrity casual outfits • James Van Der Memes are hilarious!
We are busy girls, no doubt. But being busy is never a good excuse for skipping out on a workout. Not only is it BS (you could spend a little less time shopping online, you know), but it’s just not good for you. And you are gonna feel really crappy later when your body turns to mush and you can’t play Rock Band without breaking a sweat.
After finishing another long day of classes (a whole 3 hours!), you head home to grab a quick snack and go to the gym. You don’t even let yourself sit down or get comfortable, knowing that getting near that couch – even for a moment – means you would never get up again.
• 7 things to do while you're on the treadmill • This is too adorable • What does this sex dream mean? • Really Charlie Sheen. Pull it together. • So you want to go to law school • Join up for the ultimate Twitter fashion party • 5 things you should never wear to work
When every guy you know is a complete let down, your major is still undecided and you can’t find the perfect pair of boots, you feel defeated/without control/craving a brownie. But just because some things never go right, there is one thing in your life that is 100% up to you: your health.
Let me introduce to you Pop Pilates, only the best thing to happen to your body since Lululemon hit the U.S.A. Pop Pilates is the product of Cassey, a 23 year-old Pilates instructor who knows her stuff.
he weather is finally starting to warm up, and summer will be here before we know it. While I love summer and I'm excited to have the time off to relax and have fun, just thinking about the fact that sundresses, short-shorts, and bikinis are in my not-too-distant future makes me cringe. The fact of the matter is, my body isn't quite ready for skimpy summer clothes just yet.
Last week while I hopped on the treadmill for my afternoon jog, I looked next to me and spotted some guy wearing these. I thought it might be some sort of joke - they did look rather similar to gorilla feet, and that's sorta funny - until I saw another guy walk in wearing similar shoes. (Or whatever you'd call them....)
I get it. Trust me, I get it. It’s getting nice out and the last thing you want to do is spend an hour or two inside the gym. Who wants to sweat indoors when eating ice-cream by the lake is so much more appealing (and yummy?) But on the flip side, you'll be donning a bikini before you know it (like, ahem, next week) and you want to look h-o-t.
If teen magazines are to be believed, from January to June, there’s exactly one thing on every female high school student’s mind: prom. Or should I say: ~~*OMG PROM!!@! Only writing out the word like that can give it the respect it deserves.
I am quite possibly the least athletic person you will ever meet. When I was 12, my mother asked me not to run in public. “It’s embarrassing,” she said. “There’s something about the way you run that’s just…weird.”
It was hard not to notice Kelly Ripa whip herself into the best shape of her life almost instantly two years ago. She had always looked good, but suddenly her body looked insane. In a good way. I wanted to know her secrets. I longed for the formula to her suddenly sculpted arms and her six pack abs.
• Robert Pattinson states the obvious. • Lady reporter poops her pants on air. • Want to tone those legs? Try some of these workouts. • Whoa! Look at Hilary Duff's rock! • Ke$ha is no Lady Gaga. • Change that dating bad attitude!
It's time to man up, ladies, and empower yourselves to live life without the aid of Prince Charming. Not only does this make our lives a whole lot easier (hello, do you really want to wait around for someone to jump-start your car?), but sometimes it's safer to take matters into our own hands (instead of asking some rando to do it for us).
If you somehow haven’t noticed by now, the Obama's are BUFF. With Michelle baring her toned arms in those sleeveless dresses we love so much and Barack going shirtless in Hawaii (yum), there’s no doubt we’ve got a fit couple leading our country. The Obama's get it done – and if they can do it, so can we!
• The world is shocked and devastated. • Wanna buy Hooters (the restaurant, not the fun bags)? • The most obnoxious workout habits. • Don't worry! Alec Baldwin is OK, people. • Taylor Lautner is 18!! • A real life sleeping beauty?!
I know that if I don't clock in at least thirty minutes of cardio per session, I feel like my gym outing has been a waste and a failure. And I'm always hard on myself if I leave without doing crunches, even if I've run a couple of miles. In short -- going to the gym has become about the time clock, but according to a study published in the New York Times, I'm going about things all wrong!