Cookie or cupcake? Cookie or cupcake?? Ahhh life is full of tough decisions. And since I am the world’s worst decision maker (I swear it’s the Libra in me), I just couldn’t make up my mind the other day. So I chose both.
No, I didn’t spent all day baking various desserts. I just made one and got both my treats. That’s right. I made Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cupcakes.
What you’ll need to make 2 dozen:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup whole milk
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
How to make these cookie cupcakes:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
2) Put butter and sugars into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the milk. Stir in chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula.
3) Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake until pale golden and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire racks; let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
And if you want the yummy chocolate buttercream frosting on top, simply,
1) Melt 9 oz. of semisweet chocolate.
2) Beat 1 1/2 cups of butter using an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until creamy and add 2 tablespoons milk carefully and beat until smooth.
3) Add the melted chocolate and beat well for 2 minutes. Then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
4) Gradually add in 2 1/4 cups powdered (confectioners’) sugar and beat on low speed until creamy and of desired consistency.
To make vanilla buttercream, follow the above, but leave out the chocolate part!
You’ll never have to choose between cookies and cupcakes again with this completely perfect combination. Now I’m off to think of other desserts I can combine with cupcakes to make my life a little bit more heavenly.