It might seem a little bit early to be thinking about spring shopping, but for those of you who want to get a head start (or who just can’t wait for summer vacation already), here are the top ten looks I want to steal from fashion week this year (from top left to right in the above picture).
1. Philip Lim’s long, white cardigan was crisp and cool coming down the runway. In the real world, it is a perfect way to stay warm without looking too wintery and bundled up. Buy one at Victoria’s Secret. Yes, it may not be white in the picture below, but it does come that way!
2. The polka dot dress at the Michael Kors show was a total head turner. And he proved that you can wear polta dots without look too cutesy/Minnie Mouse-y. If you can’t afford a Michael Kors original, this dress from American Eagle is classy and totally in for the spring.
3. The Miss Sixty crew took plaid to a new
length level with their longer plaid skirt. Plaid is really in right now for fall and this trend will continue through the spring. I love the longer look because short plaid skirts are really too Catholic school girl-esque. Buy one at Victoria’s Secret.
4. Elise Overland incorporated lots of bright colors into her collection, but my favorite was her orange dress. Orange is going to be a huge color this spring, so make sure you find a way to incorporate it into your wardrobe. Spring is all about the dress, so I recommend rocking a bright orange one like this frock from Forever 21.
5. Nicole Miller, one of the best dress designers around, sent a “Look at me” brightly colored and patterned dress down the runway at her show. And it just screamed spring! If you aren’t afraid of pattern, this dress from Urban Outfitters should definitely make an appearance in your wardrobe.
6. Ralph Lauren’s collection was classic, as usual. It was also super easy to mimic on a college girl’s budget! His short and fitted white coat is the perfect spring accessory to wear with jeans, skirts or even a cute pair of shorts. And you can steal the look at Delia’s.
7. Bright colors made their way into the DKNY collection in the form of a bright blue skirt. It is totally crisp and eye catching, no matter what you pair with it. Get your own at Topshop.
8. Rag & Bone mixed classy and cool with a high waisted short adorned with multiple zippers. The look is flattering on all bodies and totally revamps the usually casual look of shorts. I love these Plenty by Tracy Reese shorts from Nordstrom (which are on sale!).
9. The Lacoste vertical striped dress was sporty and flattering (vertical stripes make you look looooong and lean). But Lacoste also happens to be horribly overpriced. It’s pretty tough to find a cheap version of this piece right now, but if you’re willing to splurge, this dress from Bloomingdale’s is adorable. If not, there will be plenty of options as the season gets closer.
10. The Rock & Republic little white dress was HOT. Like, really hot. And although we saw mini white dresses in almost every runway show this week, the Rock & Republic one was my fav. The little white dress is a total classic that everyone needs to have. You can find this one at Urban Outfitters.