It’s officially fall. The air is feeling crisper, the leaves are changing and girls are dusting off their Uggs.
Which means it’s time to bust out those fall recipes and all things pumpkin.
I’m a huge fan of pumpkin bread; it just tastes like fall. This recipe is my absolute favorite – it’s always moist, it’s the perfect combination of spices, and it’s easy enough that I can do it. So get the oven ready, bask in the scent of it, and then dig in.
• 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 3 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
• 1 (16 ounce) can solid pumpkin
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well.
2. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
3. Stir in pumpkin.
4. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.
5. Dig in. Just try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.