I love to love things. It’s true. So much so that I used to say “Love You” on my voicemail – until my friends instructed me that not only is it not true (“Do you LOVE your Dr’s office who calls to confirm your appointment?”), but that it was also a tad creepy to the strangers calling to leave messages on my phone.
So I changed it. And focused my love on other things. A now – for your benefit – I will bring you a weekly Love List. On all things I love. Because if I love them – well then obviously you may love them too. And there was once a song that said what the world needs now is love sweet love. So sweet love I will bring to thee.
My love list for October 4th, 2008:
1. The word Adore. I don’t know why, but I LOVE this word. Lately I’ve replaced the word “love” with “adore.” As in, “I Adore pay day,” or “I absolutely ADORE that Marc Jacobs bag (but not adoring the not-so-adorable price tag),” or “I don’t care if Jeremy Piven is a shmuck – girls have been drawn to them for ages – why stop now? And, therefore, I adore him.”
2. The Solange Knowles CD and, more specifically, her song, Sandcastle Disco. I mean, for realz, why does that family breed so much talent and beauty? If only there was a Knowles brother I could marry. But seriously; this song puts the swing in my step. Before you know it, you too will be singing in your hair brush in your underwear at 10pm on a Thursday night… (Embrace it.)
3. Bangs. Some say they are a throwback to the 4th grade and that we are just a step away from stirrup pants and puff painted sweatshirts. But I say… I adore them. Bangs I love: Demi Lovato, Halle Berry, Rachel Bilson, and adorably cute, Miley Cyrus.
4. Mac Photo Editor. I get red eye in every. single. picture I take. But thanks to this lovely tool, you can get rid of that! And shiny-ness! And crop that pic to not include that girl with the muffin top who is standing in the background.
5. Giveforward.org. This is a great site that helps you get involved in either fundraising yourself, or giving to others projects. It’s targeted to PLU (people like us!) and hopes to inspire that we (the little people) can make a difference.
6. The Don’t Vote Video. It’s cute, it gets the message out, and most importantly, it’s 5 whole minutes of procrastinating. And if there is one thing I L.O.V.E. (and excel at) it’s procastination.