I’ve been single (and loving it) for a long, looong time. So long, in fact, that I’ve fallen into a rut. I go to class, I come home, I eat, I hang out, I go to the gym, I watch TV, etc. It’s the same stuff all the time, and for a long time I was OK with that – I was doing what I wanted to, when I wanted to. No one was telling me what parties to go to, where to celebrate my holidays, or who I could or could not sleep with.
But lately I have begun to re-evaluate things a bit (read: weigh myself) and I now realize that I went from being in a single-girl rut to hitting single-girl rock bottom.
What does rock bottom look like? I’ll show you:
1. Last week while my roommates were snuggling with their boyfriends and watching scary movies, I was sitting on my bed with a box of graham crackers and a bowl of cake batter. (Mix some cake mix with a bit of water, stir and you have yourself the ultimate single girl snack.)
2. After eating said grahams and cake batter, I woke up the next morning and was nearly halfway out the door before I realized I had chocolate cake batter smeared across my left cheek.
3. I haven’t shaved my legs in 3 weeks. I can’t remember the last time I did anything for my bikini line. Wait; yes I can. It was for Memorial Day.
4. I wore jeans (or non-sweat pants) yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. And, naturally, they were very tight.
5. The only person who has called me “babe,” “honey,” or “sweetie” in the past six months is the old man who takes my pizza order (nightly) and the younger, burly man who delivers it.
Are you single? Fear that you, too, have hit rock bottom? Join other fabulously single ladies in CollegeCandy’s Facebook group!
[Photo courtesy of baycolonyfarm.tripod.com]