[Welcome to my Weekly Love List, a list on all things I love. Because if I love them, well, obviously you should love them too. As the Backstreet Boys song says (and yes, I am actually quoting them) “My Love is All I Have To Give.” So with that throwback, here are this week’s list-worthy things…]
I’ll be the first to admit it. I love Superbowl Sunday for three reasons and three reasons only:
2. The advertisements (Remember Britney Spears’ Pepsi commercial/music vid that debuted during the Superbowl? Sigh. Those were the days)
3. The food
There used to be 4 but then Justin showed Janet’s boobs, the FCC went crazy, and the halftime shows became lamer than my past few Saturday nights, which included watching Little Einsteins with my nephew (need I say more?).
Anyways, here is my Super Bowl inspired Love List. Because with the biggest sporting event of the year comes a lot of
food things to love.
1. Real Foods Corn Thins. These are my new obsession and they are such a healthy alternative to greasy, nasty (but delicious) chips. They have the same great crunch, salt and flavor, but only 44 calories for two all natural crisps. I love to dunk these puppies in hummus, or spread avocado or black bean dip on them. It is seriously guilt free heaven. (PS. the website has tons of recipe ideas for these amazing bad boys.)
2. After all the salty and cheesy foods that the super bowl party brings, we need something sweet. And while I am no Betty Crocker, every time I make these, people treat me like I am. If only people knew how easy they were to make. (I guess they will now…) And the best part? Without any egg products, you can eat the dough without getting salmonella! Not to mention you can make them 100% organic if you want! Love that!
Vegan Peanut butter Chocolate Chip Oat cookies
1/3 cup of peanut butter
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk (soy milk if you want)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 425
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix together. Add choco chips.
Bake for 7-8 minutes.
3. Guys on Game Day. So they have chilli dripping down their chins and are double fisting beers. They may be burping and farting and forgetting that girls are around too, but guys on game day are the cutest kind of guy. And I love ’em. Maybe it’s a guy in sports apparel (faded tee = mmmm), or maybe it’s all that passion for the game. Whatever it is, I can’t get enough.
4. But more than spending time with the guys on game days, an all girls super bowl party is truly what I love most. I don’t need to pretend that I don’t give a damn about the game, because no one else does either. I can eat like nobody’s biz-nass, talk during the game about the cute shoes I found on sale without being shushed, and expect silent during the commercials. I think a Girls Super Bowl Party is the way to go.
5, Ranch Dressing on EVERYTHING. Oh and Dips. And Salty Food. Basically I love everything that involves consumption and getting FAT on Super Bowl Sunday. But thanks to this website I don’t really have to. There are 25 recipies that give you all the flavor of game day with a lot less guilt. Try the Microwave Potato Chips. Sound gross. Looks FAB.