So I’m single. And not only am I single – I am a single lady who is not looking for someone to put a ring on it anytime soon. If my grandma reads that she will probably have a heart attack, but I stand by my word (although I do promise to come visit her at the hospital).
You see, I am not your typical girl who is always on the man-hunt. Don’t get me wrong – it’s not that I don’t want to meet someone, or enjoy flirting at the bar and the like – it’s just that there are things I L.O.V.E about being a single lady. Things that I’m not so keen on giving up. Things I want to enjoy for as long as possible now before I get married to some dude who thinks a fun weeknight involves South Park and Dutch Oven-ing me.
So here is this weeks Love List: Why all my single ladies love being single.
1) My legs keep me a lot warmer in the winter than my taken friends. I live in Chicago and it is COLD. Actually cold doesn’t even describe it – it’s like an arctic tundra (do those words even go together?). And being single makes that not-s0-bad. How? I love that I don’t have to shave my legs in the winter if I don’t want to. Is it a little embarrassing in yoga when my teacher happens to see that my ankle hair could be braided and beaded like I just spent a week in Jamaica? Sure, but at least my legs keep me warmer than those soft Jergened up legs of yours.
2) I can wear grandma undies whenever I want to. Call me what you will but I am not a fan of thongs and Hanky Pankys are just uncomfortable (yes I said it). I am a happier camper in regular undies and thanks to my single status, there is no one to impress with a lacey piece of floss up my butt.
3) After a long day I can come home, sit on my couch, watch my girly TV shows and my chick flicks without someone saying I have no taste in TV. I can shop online and spend ‘that long’ debating over which color I should get those wedges in. I can play around with makeup, throw different products on my face and spend all day watching The Millionaire Matchmaker while reading fashion magazines and not feel guilty about making someone else do it with me. And I don’t have to pretend that I care about No Country for Old Men. Or knowing every line in Anchorman and quoting it like a religious person quotes the bible. Because I don’t. I really, really don’t.
4) No Bikini Waxes! (Unless I plan on wearing a bathing suit). This really needs no explanation. Which leads me to my next point…
5) I save a whole lot of moolah which can be used for other things than the painfulness that is overpriced Brazilian waxes. $60 can buy me a lot of things (like said shoes mentioned in #3) so for that I LOVE being single. Sure I may be a little hairier, but I’m also a little bit richer.
What do you LOVE about being single?