[Ever see something you want but don’t have the money to buy? Ever get sick of studying/watching TV and have the urge to get crafty and make things on your own? We know! Us too! We just don’t know where to start, which is why we got some of CollegeCandy’s craftiest writers to share their favorite DIY projects with everyone. So get to your nearest craft store for the essentials and let’s make some fun sh*t.]
In these tough economic times, everyone is penny-pinching. Everyone is also totally stressing, including college-age women, about money, about finding a job, about passing that last exam so you can pass the class and head home for a summer of beaching and BBQ.
And while you wouldn’t waste any money on an expensive massage or other relaxing spa treatment, you really need it, dammit! You’ve been studying for weeks now and all that stress is taking a toll on your body.
If you need a little luxury in your life that doesn’t put a strain on your already-thinning wallet, keep reading. I’ve got a homemade chocolate face mask that is cheap, simple, relaxing, and will get your pores looking as fresh and clean as the $100 spa alternative.
It’s also kind of delicious. Not that I ever tried it…
THAT’S IT! BELIEVE IT!
1. In the small bowl, pour about 1 tbsp of milk
2. Add about equal amounts of cocoa powder and mix
3. Continue to add milk or cocoa powder until you have a pasty consistency
4. Apply to your freshly-washed face, kick back on the couch with the latest issue of Glamour and leave on until dry (about 20-30 minutes)
5. Wash your face with warm water
6. Enjoy your glowing complexion!
Cheap and easy. Just how I like it.