(Editor’s Note: We realize we’ve featured these before, but they are so freaking good and perfect for V-day that we just had to bring them back.)
OK, so we’ve only got 5 days until Valentine’s Day. And that means 5 days until you are inundated with cards, candies and treats…. and you still have nothing to give anyone else.
Have no fear! I’ve got the perfect little treat that is cheap, super easy to make, and is so totally delicious you will make hearts melt across campus.
Behold: the Oreo Truffle.
You don’t even need a real kitchen to whip up these little nuggets of goodness, making them the perfect Valentine’s Day gift (for your lover/friend/self) for the college girl. And you can customize them any way you’d like: add chopped nuts, colored sprinkles, graham cracker crumbles…. the options are endless.
What you need:
1 package of Oreo cookies
8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened (just leave it out of the fridge for a bit)
16 oz. of chocolate chips
Sprinkles or crushed candy (candy canes, Valentine’s hearts, anything!)
Wax or parchment paper
Stop. Truffle Time:
1. Make sure blender is completely dry (unless you wanna make play-dough).
2. Dump Oreos into blender and mix on high until the cookies become fine crumbs.
3. Mix together the 3 cups of cookie crumbs and the softened cream cheese until well-blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
4. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
5. Melt chocolate chips in microwave on high for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
6. Dip balls into melted chocolate and place on wax or parchment paper.
7. Decorate! Sprinkle on some candy bits, drizzle with white chocolate, eat a few, or roll them in sprinkles.
8. Serve cold for best taste. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Enjoy (with your honey, or your BFFs, or your Sunday TV marathon)!
These little bundles of joy make Valentine’s totally worth enduring.