Sometimes, when I’m really bored and don’t feel like dealing with the pile of work on my desk, I look up recipes for chocolate cake.
In real life, I’m not much of a cook, but in my fantasy life (you know, where I’m married to Christian Bale and own a giant mansion and can ran a half-marathon in 4 inch heels?), I am a f&*cking fantastic baker.
And there really isn’t anything in this life that’s better than a bite of amazing chocolate goodness (except maybe sex. But I mean…the jury’s still out on that one).
It seems like today is one of those days where I am PMSing to the max refuse to be responsible and instead want to drown myself in whipped cream fantasy. The recipe I’m about to share with you I actually experienced, and let me just say, I almost had to excuse myself it was so good.
Plus, it’s easy. No Food Network experience required!
Easy Fudge Pudding Cake
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 2 tablespoons cocoa
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons melted shortening
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 1 cup hot water
1. Sift flour with dry ingredients
2. Stir in milk and shortening. Then add pecans and vanilla.
3. Mix until well combined then pour into a generously greased 8 x 8-inch square pan.
4. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over cake batter.
5. Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 40 minutes. Set on a rack to cool slightly (do not remove the cake from the pan). The fudgy, gooey, delicious sauce will end up on the bottom of the pan.
6. Cut (or just dig in with a fork) and serve hot or cold.
[Recipe courtesy of a long Saturday afternoon on About.com)