For some reason, sugar cookies make me think of Spring. Maybe because they’re light, sweet, and I could eat about seven. Alright. So that last thing has no coloration to Spring, but I can eat my own weight in sugar cookies.
So imagine my delight when I saw a recipe for them that was simple enough to do in a dorm kitchen!
What You Need:
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
It’s Cookie Time:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. Grab an hand mixer and a large bowl and cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. (Or roll that dough out and cut out some fun little shamrocks for a late night, post green beer snack on Wednesday!)
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
These little pieces of Heaven are sure to garner you a dorm fan club. Just be sure to keep them safely hidden…
[Recipe provided via Allrecipes]