You are only a few hours away from a three day holiday weekend, ladies! Can I get a “what what”?! Memorial Day Weekend is the official kick-off to summer, which means only one thing: it’s time to get a bikini wax the inevitable family BBQ.
Truth: You love hot dogs off the grill.
Truth: Your family is ridiculous and you’d much rather spend the time with people who don’t make inappropriate jokes about hot dogs. Or at least people who make funny inappropriate jokes about hot dogs. And are under the age of 65.
Solution: CollegeCandy’s Memorial Day Family BBQ Drinking Game
Because Great Uncle Bert’s war stories (a war which he was not in) are easier to listen to when you’ve got Bud Light coursing through your veins. The best part? You can play alone and, being that you leave the BBQ with a killer buzz, you always end up the winner.
What you will need:
A case of domestic beer (we’re celebrating America, aren’t we?)
Various other alcoholic beverages
Your drinking hat
– Chug your first beer if you are the only single person there (over the age of 16)/chug your first beer if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, but they are playing this game at their own family BBQ
– Take a shot every time someone asks you if you are dating someone.
– Take another if they don’t at least feign surprise when you say you are not.
– Take a double shot every time someone asks what you’re studying and/or what you plan to do now that you’ve graduated.
– Mix and drink a screwdriver every time your mother nags about your lack of job or job prospects (“What are you going to do with a Communications degree!?”). You’re screwed in this market, anyway.
– Take a Kamikaze shot every time grandpa mentions his time in WW2.
– Pour one for our fallen heroes if anyone even mentions the real purpose of Memorial Day.
– Bring out the beer bong if someone starts talking about ‘Ole Dubya (George W. Bush), John McCain or the “glory days before Obama.”
– Take a drink every time someone says something that could be taken sexually and someone immature (i.e. you) giggles/responds with “that’s what she said.”
– Have a shot of whiskey every time your father/uncle/grandfather/brother almost burns off their eyebrows or arm hair with the grill.
– Take a sip every time your father/uncle/grandfather/brother talks about how he is the master of the grill and no one can grill up meat like him.
– Assign three drinks to anyone who says they are on a diet and only want salad.
– Put down your drink and start crying if someone comments on how much you are eating/how you should be on a diet.
– Polish off whatever is open and not finished if grandma/some other woman in your family leaves a big, wet lipstick print on your cheek when she says goodbye.
By the end of the night, your family should be bearable and your legs should feel like Jell-0. A Memorial Day BBQ victory!
[Photo courtesy of jfizz 79 on Flickr. Thanks!]