If your copy of “How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days” has seen its days and you’re desperately looking for a marathon that doesn’t include the real housewives from anywhere, grab some popcorn and cosmopolitans because you’re in for a seriously good time (from the comfort of your warm, cozy couch) if you pick any of the marathons listed below.
1. The Judd Apatow Saga: The ’80s had the brat pack but we’ve got the comedic crew of a lifetime led by fearlessly funny director Judd Apatow. Names like Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Jason Segal, Jonah Hill, and Steve Carrell cover the IMDb lists of Apatow’s movies, each one of them making us realize how sexy a how sense of humor really is.
Movie List: Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Pineapple Express and Forgetting Sarah Marshall
2. The Lindsay Lohan Pre-Rehab Marathon: If you need a reminder why everyone is so obsessed with the ins and outs of Lindsay Lohan’s stints at rehab, this marathon is just the fix. Sure, the past few years haven’t exactly been LiLo’s best and brightest, but she wasn’t always a bad girl. Time to grab your ankle bracelet because with a movie list like this, you won’t be leaving the house for a while.
Movie List: The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
3. Classics That We Should All See Once, Just To Say You’ve Seen Them: Some things for us are just classic, like Ryan Reynolds shirtless and waking up next to the guy you asked all your friends to keep you away from (and reminding yourself not to do that again), but some classics are before our time. Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, are all names we know but have you actually seen their movies? If you’re in need of a classic movie rundown, you’re in luck. Oh, and if you think Ryan Reynolds is sexy, wait until you see a semi-shirtless Marlon Brandon cry out “Stellaaaaaa.”
Movie List: A Streetcar Named Desire, Cat On a Hot Tin Roof, Some Like It Hot and Breakfast At Tiffany’s
4. ’90s Teen Movies: If you’re missing your spaghetti strap tanks and your platform Sketchers, grab all your Beanie Babies and your old Bop magazines, sink into your inflatable chair and head down memory lane with these movies. If the wardrobe doesn’t bring you back to your early teen years, the plots of heartbreak and crushes sure will. Search your drugstore for a facial mask, grab your bestie and paint each other’s nails and make a sleepover out of it, just like freshman year of high school when you couldn’t party on Friday nights because you couldn’t drive.
Movie List: She’s All That, 10 Things I Hate About You, Clueless and Spiceworld
5. Wintery Romantic Comedies: Because romantic comedies just seem more romantic when it’s cold outside. Call your friends and get out of going out tonight (tell them you’re sick, cough, cough,) so you can indulge in the guiltiest of movie marathons. Throw on a plush sweater and your Uggs, make some hot cocoa with extra marshmallows and keep a box of tissues near by (just in case) and follow the adventures of finding love in the coldest months with some of your best girlfriends, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Movie List: The Holiday, Love Actually, The Family Stone and Serendipity