Lena Dunham – the girl we love to eye roll at – has done it again! Girls has been renewed for a third season before the second season has even aired. This girl must fart mind control gas because this kind of shit rarely happens. I absolutely despise the show’s glamorization of whiny, privileged young people. When did bitching and moaning become an American past time for post-grads? Nevertheless – I am going to watch the balls out of every. single. episode.
• Speaking of Girls, Emma Roberts is set to star in a bootleg movie version of the series called Adult World. The movie is about a poetry graduate who moves in with her parents to save money. She, like Hannah Horvath, believes she is the voice of a generation. After realizing money doesn’t grow on trees she straps on her job-helmet, squeezes down into a job cannon and fires off into job land, where jobs grow on little jobbies and works at an adult bookstore.
• When asked about Beyonce, Rihanna said she is, “Gorgeous. A stab to my self esteem,” and that 30 years from now Rhi-Rhi’s only hopes are super shallow. She says, “I want to be skinny. I want to be fierce. I hope my tits are still sitting up. Nothing else will matter at that point.” Nothing else matters when you are in your mid-50s except for how boneable you are. Is that a proverb? It should be.
• Kristen Stewart also had some dumb things to say today about Edward and Bella’s relationship. I don’t mean to hate, but is she trolling me? Is she really this oblivious about Twilight?
“If Bella was a vampire and Edward was the human and you changed nothing but the genders, none of that criticism would exist. It would be ‘Wow, he just laid everything on the line for her. It’s so amazing, and it must take such strength to subject yourself to that.’ Also, the relationship is entirely equal.”
Nope, instead of thinking Bella was a super lame, passive chick we would just think Edward is a super lame dude who let’s his girlfriend physically and emotionally abuse him and is in dire need of counseling.
• Speaking of dumb things K-Stew said today, here is what she had to say about 50 Shades Of Grey:
“[The book] creeps me out. I’ve skimmed parts of it. When I read the first few pages describing her messy hair, I was like, ‘This is so strange.’ But it’s just so raunchy! I mean, obviously, everyone knows that. But when I see people reading it on planes and stuff, I’m genuinely creeped out. Like, you’re basically just reading porn right now! Get that blanket off your lap!”
The most disturbing part of the book is definitely all the messy hair. I’m surprised she didn’t get the book, considering both female protagonists are complacent being subjected to so much blatant sexism
• Beyonce’s Halloween costume arrived on the internet belated, but is too cute to not post. Homegirl is looking fresh to death.
• Mitt Romney is losing a Facebook likes, literally, every five seconds at around 847 an hour. Oh snap! I’m taking him out of my Top 8 on Myspace, girl.
Emerald is an editor at CollegeCandy, lover of coffee, and pretend francophile. After studying writing and popular culture at NYU she decided to be a grownup and get a job. Tweet at ya’ girl @EmeraldGritty.