One of my favorite parts about going to the movies is seeing all the trailers. There’s something exciting about seeing what’s to come next. Here are some of the movies I’m excited about seeing next year! What’s on your must-see list?
1. The Great Gatsby: The movie we’ve all been anticipating since its false release date of this December! Judging for the trailer, it’s a work of art.
2. Man of Steel: I’ve never been that much of a Superman fan but this franchise re-boot looks like Superman has been re-imagined to look less superhero, more human.
3. The Great and Powerful Oz: This is a movie you know you have to see in IMAX. Everything about it looks spectacular and out of this world.
4. Monsters University: Childhood throwback! It’s funny how even cartoon characters grow up nowadays.
5. Despicable Me 2: I never saw this first movie but they’ve been showing the trailer and the teasers since this summer. It looks too cute to pass up.
6. Thor 2: The Dark World: Thor is my favorite Avenger, so hopefully this sequel is better than the first one!
7. Broken City: Anything with Mark Wahlberg has me sold. Adding Russell Crowe as a corrupt politician, and a murder plot line is just a bonus.
8. World War Z: If you haven’t heard of or read the book, this movie would look like a run-of-the-mill action movie. I won’t spoil the surprise if you’re in either group.
9. Now You See Me: Magicians, bank robberies, and Robin Hood style justice? I’d write it off as silly if not for the all-star cast including Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Mark Ruffalo, and Woody Harrelson among others.
10. The Host: Right after Twilight ends, Stephanie Meyer’s other book, The Host,” will make it’s cinematic debut. I’ll have to read the novel before I see the movie but the trailer looks promising.
11. Side Effects: Jude Law and Channing Tatum in a movie together?! My heart stopped. And the plot looks pretty thrilling too!
12. Pacific Rim: I enjoy a good disaster/monster movie every once in awhile, so Pacific Rim will be that movie for me next year.
13. The Lone Ranger: Johnny Depp can do no wrong, and seeing him as the iconic Tonto will be a treat.
14. Warm Bodies: A zombie love story! This movie looks like a Zombieland-esque take on the zombie crazy.
15. Beautiful Creatures: I tried the read this novel but I couldn’t get into it. The movie looks way better though.
16. A Haunted House: Another spoof movie from the Wayans! It looks funny in stupid humor sort of way.
[Lead image via CREATISTA/Shutterstock]