Jennifer Lawrence is so glad she wasn’t cast as Bella Swan in the Twilight Franchise (we are too because them movies is derp). She told The Guardian, “I remember when the first movie came out, seeing Kristen Stewart on the red carpet and getting papped wherever she went. For me, and I’m assuming for her, it was just another audition. Then it turned into this whole other thing.” Mmm, a “whole thing,” meaning a blemish on even the greatest of actors’ career because the role is just so under-written. Our girl, J-Law is rightfully concerned about being typecasted as Katniss, “I was worried it would be overwhelming and that no one would be able to see me as any other character. But I really cared about the movie. I’m proud of ‘The Hunger Games’ as I am of any of the other films I’ve done.” Success comes in many forms with many consequences.
• Itunes is selling a book, I kid you not, called “Bitch, Are You Retarded?”
“Carlos J. Lee has been every “bad boy” that you have ever dated. He’s a former dog, liar, cheater, a*****e, user, manipulator and has slept with hundreds of women. He is here to teach you that when it comes to the man in your life it only comes down to three things, either he loves you, or he’s in love with you and when to walk away! You will learn the difference between possessing a mans mind and his heart. You will also learn what most women don’t know about a man, which is, a man knows within the first five minutes of meeting a woman, what role he wants her to play in his life. These are the reasons why most women find themselves heartbroken, frustrated, and losing sleep. They don’t know the difference and are unaware. Today is your awakening, your epiphany and new beginning.”
The epiphany is some people have no shame.
• A gay man in Cameroon was sentenced to three years for, I kid you not, texting the words, “I’m very much in love with you,” to another man. Sigh.
• Paz De La Huerta looks like a fierce insect in her nude photo shoot for Playboy.
• TRIGGER WARNING: There is a creepy trend on Tumblr, found on pro-anorexia blogs, promoting a “thigh gap” as beautiful and something to aspire to.
• Yes, there is a Deborah Lippman Girls nail polish line. Yes, it reduces each character to a color-stereotype.