I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier lately, and to be super honest with you it’s not that easy! I’ve been struggling to find easy recipes that are healthy and TASTE GOOD. I came across this Instagram account Fitspiration and came across countless recipes and other healthy eating tips. I tried this “Clean Mac and Cheese” one the other night and it was deeeeeelish!
-2 cups of whole-wheat elbow pasta
-2 cups of small broccoli florets
-1 cup of cooked spinach
-250g light cream cheese
-2 tbs shaved parmesan
-salt & pepper to season
Cooking time: ~30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c and bring a pot of water to the boil.
2. Cook pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente.
3. In a large non-stick pan on low-medium heat, add pasta, cream cheese, spinach and broccoli florets. Cook through until the cream cheese becomes smooth.
4. Pour mixture into a baking dish and season with parmesan, salt & pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition (average only): 240 cals, 3.1g fat, 35.8g carbs, 4.6g sugar, 16.3g protein
Lead Image Via Fitspiration.