For all of you who aren’t aware, Easter is next Sunday! Even if you don’t celebrate Easter as a religious holiday, it’s a nice excuse to host Easter egg hunts with chocolate eggs, and decorate the house with spring colors and bunnies! However, since most of us are probably too old to attend local Easter egg hunts, we’ve got to find other ways to enjoy this holiday and I think I found just the thing.
I love any craft that I can decorate my place with. So, get excited because I have found an awesome craft that actually, despite being called” Easter egg garland”, can totally be hung up in your room all year round!
-1 cup liquid starch
-1/2 cup flour
-Different colors/ Easter colored Embroidery Floss
-Hot Glue Gun
– A Big Needle
What to Do:
1. Make a stiffener mixture by combining 1 cup of liquid starch with 1/2 cup of flour. Blend these ingredients together. Based on how many eggs you want to make, you can double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe!
2. Blow up a water balloon to whatever size you want (don’t fill the balloon with water!).
3. Next, coil your desired color of sting into the stiffener mixture and gently press it into the goo. This way your string won’t knot!
4. Now, wrap the gooey string around the balloon. Make sure you wipe off any excess goo.
5. It will take several hours for the balloon to dry. Once you think everything has dried, pop the balloon using a safety pin. If you have any crusty stuff in between the strings, just scrape it off using a safety pin. Repeat steps 2-5 for as many eggs as you want!
6. Take another piece of embroidery floss and thread it at about 1/4th of the way down from the top of the egg. This is what you need a big needle for! To keep them in place, hot glue the eggs to the string.
Idea Courtesy of Crafty Endeavor. Check out Alissa’s site for more amazing crafts!