What’s the first food item that comes to mind when you think of summer picnics? If you said chicken or potato salad, we are totally thinking on the same wavelength. A cold potato salad on a warm croissant is a combination to die for! Just thinking about is making my mouth water.
However, I am no cook. In fact, it’s probably best for mankind if I stay out of the kitchen, but when I do get the urge to make something, I usually head over to to my trusted source for recipes and pick out the easiest one. My trusted source is the Food Network website, and it so happens that they have a ridiculously easy recipe for a potato-egg salad. So, stop what you’re doing, make this yummy potato-egg salad, and go on a picnic with your friends!
- 1 lb potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- parmesan, salt, pepper
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- Boil 1 lb of halved potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add 4 eggs to the boiling water. Remove the pot from the heat, cover it, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, Add 1 cup of frozen peas to the water, cover the pot, and let the peas sit for 1 minute.
- Drain the water, and peel and quarter the eggs.
- Mix the quartered eggs, potatoes, and peas with 3 teaspoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, parsley, and mint.
- Finally, sprinkle salt, pepper, and parmesan on top, and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from the Food Network Website!
[Lead Image via Blogspot]