Last night we watched and live-tweeted the Teen Choice awards! The night was full of good-looking starlets and many PSA inspired moments like the no texting and driving campaign. In case you didn’t watch last night and see who took home the big surfboards, here’s the top five best and worst moments:
1. Lea Michele‘s dedicating her award to Cory Monteith: I don’t think there was a dry eye in the room when Lea Michele went up to accept the award for Best Comedic Actress. Even if you aren’t a fan of hers, it was really heartfelt when she talked about the support she needed from fans during this hard time. And her “Cory” necklace was the perfect accessory.
2. Harry Styles twerking: His twerking was nothing amazing but Harry makes the best list for saying, “I can only do it when I’m wearing slacks.” Only a young British pop star can get away with putting “slacks” and “twerking” in the same sentence and still come off as charming.
3. Florida Georgia Line & Nelly perform “Cruise”: The performance itself was fine, but Nelly where has your career gone?!?! Where is the guy who brought us true summer hits like “Hot in Herre?” It’s just not the same. I’m going to need for you to get it together, Nelly.
4. Twerking world record attempt: If you have Miley Cyrus at your awards show and you’re trying to break the twerking world record, then WHY WAS MILEY NOT LEADING THE CAUSE?!? She is a twerking goddess and would have made it soo much better and half as awkward as it was. I felt bad for that tall official man in the yellow suit. He looked as uncomfortable as all of us felt.
5. Ashton Kutcher‘s acceptance speech: Ashton accepted the Lifetime Achievement award last night and he decided to get real with the teen audience. The speech kind of sounded like something your dad would say, which isn’t how I typically picture the funny man.