One’s coffee mug is sacred. Do not touch. I am not one of those people who never rinses their coffee mug because they think it will preserve some kind of flavor. That doesn’t seem logical to me but I am an everyday coffee drink. My mug is my pimp chalice. There is nothing cooler than chalkboard paint because it turns everything into a chalkboard and using chalk makes me feel like I am five years old without a care in the world and little coordination.
Creating the mug is actually super easy. All you need is tape, a clean, porcelain mug, paint brush and of course the chalkboard paint which is literally $2 at Walmart so you have no excuse.
1. Tape the area, slowly, deliberately and smoothly in the area you don’t want the chalkboard texture.
2. As soon as you’re done painting remove the tape. If you wait until the paint dries you may end up peeling off some the edges.
3. Let the mug dry for 24 hours.
4. Bake the mug at 300 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 35 minutes.
5. Let it cool. The mug is dishwasher and microwave safe.
Thanks to Dish and Whistle for the awesome DIY tutorial.