Here’s one of the most important skills you need to learn in college: How to sort of pay attention in class while simultaneously online shopping. I mean, trust me, it’s way more fun than Facebooking.
Next time you’re suffering through that ridiculously boring Psych 101 lecture, turn to these sites. They’ll help you hone your skills and improve your wardrobe at the same time. After all, time management is what college is all about, right?
- Gilt: What’s better than a site that offers up all your favorites from your favorite brands (think Free People and the like) as well a high-end designers? One that offers up serious discounts on the aforementioned stuff, of course. You can find everything from accessories to clothing, even some great home goods at this online shop. If you live in a big city, chances are you can even save on things like dining and spa treatments as well, thanks to the site’s city deals. Note that while there’s no store, Gilt does have a huge warehouse sale in a few different cities. It’s worth attending.
- NastyGal: An online-only store with a seriously massive selection. The great thing about Nasty Gal is that no matter what style you love – boho, trendy, girly, edgy – you can find pieces that really work for you. Another huge plus: This store is chock full of affordable clothes, shoes and accessories. If you want to beef up your collection dresses you can wear out at night, this is a great place to look. This is one online store that really taps into the mind of the younger consumer, which is why it’s great for college girls.
- ASOS: This Brit brand has some incredibly priced stuff. The selection is also kind of insane – you can find pretty much anything you want, from dresses to jeans to swimsuits to makeup. They also offer free shipping and super simple returns. Honestly, there’s no reason not to shop at ASOS. Be forewarned though: Sizing can be a little bit inconsistent…but that’s where that whole ‘simple return policy’ thing comes into play.
- Lulu’s: When you want something trendy that you can totally wear a few times and then sort of forget about, this is a great place to look. The prices are great and the merch is full of items that are super ‘in’ right now. You can shop clothes, shoes and other accessories and shop for both casual and fancy items here.
- Shopbop: If you want something a little bit more high-end, Shopbop is a great place to look. The site stocks pieces from contemporary fashion brands like Alexander Wang and Helmut Lang. While a lot of the merch ay be out of a college girl’s price range, you will definitely find things you can totally afford at Shopbop. The jewelry selection is amazing and there’s always a huge range of sale items you can shop (at up to 70% off1)