I’m proud to say I grew up in the ’90s. A lot of cool shit happened back then. Slap bracelets were invented, chatting online became a “thing,” and Titanic hit theaters and made every girl fall hopelessly in love with Leonardo DiCaprio. Despite its awesomeness, a lot happened back in the ’90s that I’m happy to say didn’t continue into the 2000s. Here are 15 things that were cool back then but would NEVER be acceptable today.
1. Boys who wear clothes like this.
2. Or this.
3. The “Rachel” haircut.
4. Bangs that look like this.
(Even though Kelly Kapowski actually made them look good)
5. The fact that a wooden popsicle stick was the host of a TV show.
6. Having to wait to see what TV shows were on.
7. Having to wait to get on the Internet.
8. Dance moves like this.
9. Lindsay Lohan’s innocence.
10. Commercials like this:
11. Or this.
12. Cell phones that are larger than your head.
13. These awful bandanas.
14. Neon scrunchies.