Holiday parties are special. You’re not just getting together with a bunch of college friends for a drunken night at your favorite bar – you’re either partying with your co-workers, classmates, or pre-college friends (aka people you want to impress) and looking your best is a top priority. Sure, makeup is important, but why not spice up your routine with a fancy (and easy!) hairstyle?
Our first ‘do is the epitome of cool girl style and perfect for professional and social events alike.
Prep by applying Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Repair & Nourish Shine Serum to damp hair and then reapplying before styling if your hair is quite dry.
1. Give yourself a sleek middle part and then pull your hair back into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck.
2. Split that pony into two and drape them on either shoulder (if your hair is long enough).
3. Take one section, slip a bobby pin over the end and start twisting it upwards.
4. Once you reach the nape of your neck, secure the hair with additional bobby pins.
5. Repeat with the other side and then spray the bun with Ken Paves You Are Beautiful Flexible Hold Hairspray.
6. Spray down the front of your hair to take care of any fly-aways and add shine. Voila!
If you want to wear your hair down, but spice things up, a waterfall braid is the perfect option.
Start by washing your hair and spritz R+CO Dallas Thickening Spray onto towel-dried hair. Blow-dry and focus on volumizing the roots.
1. Begin by braiding 3 sections of hair near your temple (either side works, but I start on my left).
2. Then, just like you would for a French braid, incorporate a section from the top of your head into the next round of the braid and drop the last section you braided in – this is what creates the waterfall effect!
3. Pick up a new section of hair (so you have 3 again) and continue to French braid and drop one section.
4. Once you’ve gone around your head, braid the end, secure with a brown or clear hair tie and bobby pin to hide the hair tied end.
5. One trick that is especially helpful if you have layers is to finish off with a flexible hold hairspray that’s not going to look rock hard, like R+CO Outer Space.
6. I actually spray it in my hair and then onto my hands and secure sections with shorter strands that may come loose. Check out the finished product!