As college girls, we turn a blind eye to a lot of unfortunate things that guys do—not washing their sheets regularly (or at all), referring to their mothers as “mommy,” or wearing any sort of hipster screen printed t-shirt that was probably free. And, as much as we hate to admit it, some of these habits are even somewhat endearing once you get used to them.
But there are some things you just can’t move past—things that we’ll refer to from this point forward as the Seven Deadly Dating Deal Breakers. The catalyst for the death of any relationship, these deal breakers are the moments that send you running for the hills (as soon as you retrieve your favorite necklace that you left at his house, obviously).
1. When he talks during Dance Moms
No one speaks while Abby is speaking.
2. When he won’t spring for guac at Chipotle
True love knows no Chipotle budget.
3. When he won’t let you steal his t-shirts
Shack shirts are sacred and any guy who doesn’t know it is obviously clueless.
4. When he takes up the entire bed
Everyone knows that you’re the one who gets to hog the covers.
5. When can’t keep the names of the characters on Girls straight
It also doesn’t help that he isn’t Adam Driver.
6. When he questions your taste in rompers/flowy pants/any other dubious fashion choices
You’re not about to take fashion advice from someone whose mom still buys his clothes.
7. When he doesn’t appreciate your culinary prowess
Making Easy Mac every night can be deceptively difficult.