Happy National Running Day! Here Are 59 Things That Go Through Your Head During A Jog
When you go out for a run, your body isn’t the only thing that’s racing. Your mind can’t seem to turn off and just enjoy the view – it’s on full power, filling your head with complaints and “Where did that come from?” random thoughts.
1. I skipped my daily run for the past six months, but today’s the day!
2. First step: get out of bed.
3. Where the hell are my sneakers?
4. Okay, here we go.
5. I definitely did not mean to let Map My Run post to Facebook.
6. Crap. Now everyone can see how often I get lost.
7. People will be impressed if I go five miles, right?
8. That’s not that far. Five miles. That only takes like…five minutes in a car.
9. It’s actually hotter than I thought.
10. Should I take off my sweatshirt? Is tying it around my waist super lame?
11. Whatever I’m going for it.
12. I deserve some kind of award for taking my jacket off without dropping my iPhone in a sewer grate.
13. Oh! Hello, fellow jogger!
14. Wave or smile? Wave or smile?
15. Just go with the smile.
16. That was a painful, contorted smile. Now that guy thinks I’m going to murder him.
17. I must be like halfway done.
18. .82 MILES?!
19. Maybe that five mile thing was a little ambitious.
20. I just need more motivating music.
21. Too bad all my Spotify playlists are full of Adele and John Legend.
22. Amanda used to drive a car like that.
23. I wonder what she’s up to.
24. I’m going to Facebook stalk her when I get home.
25. Then I’m going to have like, four milkshakes.
26. I’m just saying that because “Milkshake” came on shuffle.
27. I really need to update my music.
28. There’s someone coming up behind me. I can sense it.
29. Are they going to go around me? Should I move to the sidewalk? I’m panicking.
30. Phew, she’s past without any casualties.
31. What a jerk for passing me so smugly.
32. I’m going to pass someone.
33. Just not today.
34. Need water.
35. Beach body, here I come.
36. Well, sort of.
37. Half way there. I might need to take a little walking break…
38. No. Walking is for the weak.
39. *Hot guy running opposite direction approaches*
40. Please don’t judge my sweatiness, hot man.
41. Maybe he needs a running buddy?
42. Talk about motivation.
43. Oh, okay, he avoided all eye contact. That’s fine.
44. I don’t even like running.
45. If Britney Spears can make it through 2007, I can make it through this run.
46. A hill? Seriously?
47. Not now hill, I really can’t.
48. Don’t taunt me.
49. I’ll show you.
50. Okay, that wasn’t fun and I will be planning my routes better in the future.
51. Will I be done in time to make it to Taco Bell breakfast?
52. Less than a mile to go!
53. This actually isn’t so bad.
54. I should probably sign up for a half marathon. I could definitely do that.
56. Is a post run Instagram selfie too much?
57. Yeah it’s too much.
58. But a Snapchat is totally appropriate.
59. After all, I’m pretty much Superman.