Lisa Kudrow Joined Taylor Swift On Stage To Sing “Smelly Cat” To A Bunch Of Tweens Who Had No Idea What Was Happening

465437-b81d0360-4c84-11e5-898a-7da2feee1c11

This has got to be one of the weirdest celebrity cameos on Taylor Swift‘s 1989 World Tour yet (and that’s saying something because things have already gotten pretty darn random). For her final show in Los Angeles, Justin Timberlake joined her onstage to sing mirrors. Selena Gomez debuted her new song “Good for You.” But everyone is talking about how Lisa Kudrow, aka Phoebe Buffay from Friends, joined T. Swift onstage for a rendition of “Smelly Cat.”

Of course, people are losing it because they are still not over Friends being over (although its 11 years later). And let’s be honest, anyone who lived in the 90s would be honored to duet on “Smelly Cat” with Phoebe herself.

Too bad only a small percentage of Taylor Swift’s fans were even alive in the 90s.

I’m betting 73% of the fans of the Staples Center last night just stood there thinking, “Why is Taylor singing about a smelly cat?” The other 27% only know about it from their older siblings’ Netflix binges.

This stunt was obviously directed at us, Internet.

[Lead image via]

  • 10614935101348454