Chances are, you can probably relate to Jessica Day from New Girl on some sort of level. If you can’t, you are not to be trusted. Jessica, more typically known as Jess, is quirky, weird, and totally awkward- which pretty much sums up my life, and most likely all of yours if you’re a 20-something trying to figure out what the hell life is all about. I have yet to watch the latest season (life’s a struggle without cable), but I can’t wait to see what other hot messes she gets herself into next….once it’s available on Netflix, of course. In the meantime, here’s why we love our favorite ‘new girl.’
1. When she totally nailed the monthly struggle that is PMS.
2. When she perfectly expressed that glorious moment when you see the waitress with your food.
3. When she summed up every guy in the history of guys.
4. When she was brutally honest to this poor fellow’s face…
5. …and about her entire existence.
6. When she felt giddy over a new guy…
7. …and then had this catastrophic realization.
8. When she had the worst day ever, and needed to tell the world.
9. When she was literally you every Friday night.
10. When she couldn’t get that one guy out of her head.
11. When she wasn’t afraid to show her true colors.
12. When she was actually you at the end of every day.
13. When she just totally got what it’s like to have to wear a bra.
14. When her hair was like, “Nope, not today.”
15. When she was so real about post work vibes.
16. When she had the BEST reaction to this absurd comment.
17. When she perfectly summed up how you feel post breakup.
18. And then had these wise words. (Notice: wine always in hand).
Pros and cons: Con: They’re d*cks. Pro: Their d*cks. 😏
19. When she literally almost fell over at the idea of small talk.
20. And finally, when she felt super empowered and sassy.
Moral of the story?
So let Jess help you through it.