Independence Day is basically the pinnacle of summer, celebrating our freedom with great friends, barbecues, bonfires, fireworks and patriotic Jell-o shots.
With this day comes lots of Insta-worthy photos and it’s not worth stressing over the perfect caption to go with your celebratory post on such a busy day. So, whether you’re looking for hilarious, clever, patriotic, or sentimental song lyrics, here is a list of some ideas, just as long as the caption doesn’t accompany a blurry Snapchat photo of fireworks. No one wants to see those.
1. “You’re welcome.” -George Washington
I guess we can’t be totally positive he said this, but a president like Washington must have uttered these words at some point. We really do have him to thank.
2. AMERICA, est. 1776
3. “Yo, I’m just like my country, I’m young, scrappy and hungry” -Lin-Manual Miranda Hamilton
I can’t think of a better holiday to unapologetically quote Hamilton.
4. “‘We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal’ And when I meet Thomas Jefferson, I’m ‘a compel him to include women in the sequel.” -The Schuyler Sisters Hamilton
For you and your girlfriends.
5. “History has it’s eyes on you.” –Hamilton
Last Hamilton, I promise.
6. “Brought to you courtesy of the red, white and blue.” -Toby Keith
7. “I like my coffee black and my tea in the harbor.” -Unknown
8. “Red white and booze.” -Unknown
9. “Cheeseburger in paradise.” -Jimmy Buffet
10. “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of my freedom.” -Unknown
11. “Red, white and out of caption ideas.” -Unknown
12. “Star-spangled hammered.” -Unknown
13. “Abeerica the brewtiful.” -Unknown
14. “Four score and seven beers ago…” -Unknown
So many beer puns.