magnifier menu chevron-left chevron-right chevron-down

One Woman’s Serious Infection Reveals The Risks Behind Microblading



Microblading is a pretty straightforward process. You pick a good microblading tech, pick the shape you want for your new brows and leave with well-defined brows that will remain on fleek for the next two years. While the process is pretty easy, there are a few things that can go wrong, especially if you don’t go to the right tech. According to Daily Mail Australia, one woman’s microblading horror story points out why paying attention during the process is very important.

Amanda Coats made an appointment at a clinic, Point Cook, for eyebrow feathering, which is the process of microblading the eyebrows to mimic the look of feathers. According to Coats, things went downhill very quickly. Amanda noticed that her technician “was very rushed, going in and out of the room attending to other clients during my procedure and also doing another eyebrow tattoo at the same time — she did not put new gloves on each time which does not keep things sterile.” It was this mishap that caused Coats to get an infection around her brow area, making her brow bone swell to the point of shedding skin.

“I ended up with a severe infection from the clinic and the skin was just falling away,” she wrote in a Facebook post. “My eyes blew up.” She immediately tried to contact her technician and she claimed she was ignored.

“I told her patches of skin had come away along with the color that I had puss and my eyes are weeping,” Coats said. “I went to the doctors and have had to go to the doctors nearly every second day. I’m on antibiotics and steroids for swelling. I’ve also had to use antibiotic ointment. I have to constantly dress the wounds. The cost of all this is now greater than what I paid for the procedure.”

The owner of the clinic claims that her story is false. The owner added the entire treatment was sterile, Amanda left the clinic happy with her results and there had to be something else that caused the infection. Both Amanda and the owner of the clinic have gained legal representation.

Be aware when getting serious cosmetic procedures like this done. If the technician doesn’t seem right, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

    Writer. Book Hoarder. Self proclaimed Disney expert. Lover of all things food and nerd.