The following compilation of Tweets have reached millions for a variety of reasons. Twitter remains one of the top social media platforms for sharing news, comedy, heartbreak, tragedies, and photos to appease the online community across the world. Lets take a look at the most retweeted, most liked, and most important tweets of the year. 2017 was definitely one for the books, or in this case, the timeline.
This kid who just wanted free nuggets but ended up verified instead. He may have gotten the nuggets but 18 million people did not help the cause, it lost momentum around 3 million.
2. Barack Obama and his much needed message in the wake of the Charlottesville riots. This iconic photo tweeted by the iconic former President makes us miss him even more than we normally do (especially when Donny goes in with the twitter-fingers.)
3. Ariana Grande offers her condolences with a raw and honest message following the attack at her Manchester concert.
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
4. On a lighter note, Obama was at it again early on in the year, lending a sense of hope and inspiration in a time of need.
I'm still asking you to believe – not in my ability to bring about change, but in yours. I believe in change because I believe in you.
— President Obama (@POTUS44) January 20, 2017
5. Chris Rainey’s son who represents most of us trying to walk after a night out. Or maybe thats just me but seriously lil bruh, I feel you. Dizzy boy might need some endurance lessons from his athletic pops…
I'm ☠️☠️☠️ yall lol 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 & can't STOP laughing at all!!! pic.twitter.com/ItarwS6ITu
— . (@crainey3) June 21, 2017
6. This definitely wasn’t supposed to be funny but I’m still laughing. Bron Bron was ready to drop hands with the President… A monumental burn as the King belittles the Commander-in-Chief. How medieval!
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
— LeBron James (@KingJames) September 23, 2017
7. Sam Martin and Leo give back to the victims in Houston
Leo and I are donating 6 lbs of dog food to Houston for every retweet this gets!!!! RT RT RT RT!! pic.twitter.com/bcTT905knP
— Sam (@SamMartin_6) August 31, 2017
8. Another RT for donations shed a positive light on Penn State Frats
With the current devastation in Houston, we are pledging $0.15 for every RT this gets! Please forward this along to help out those in need! pic.twitter.com/lodyOBE0eG
— Penn State IFC (@PennStateIFC) August 30, 2017
9. Not sure what I’m missing here but Linkin Park tweeted this amazing image, didn’t credit the photographer, and it went viral.
— LINKIN PARK (@linkinpark) July 20, 2017
10. This teen’s PSA and poll, with a weird mix of reactions.
Shockingly, President Trump’s tweets did not garner recognition at the top. He didn’t make my personal top ten either but I’ll share 5 that did…
I thought DJ Khaled just graduated lmaooooo pic.twitter.com/MuRWx3MqXF
— 𝖇𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖞🥀 (@feminineking) November 3, 2017
If you want a fully immersive "postmodern design hellscape" themed dining experience I highly recommend dinner at The Cheesecake Factory
from a design perspective that place is fuckin wild and I'll talk a little bit about why pic.twitter.com/0RHFDjKsuo
— 〽️ax krieger, the game dev you should hire (@MaxKriegerVG) November 17, 2017
Real quick…this is not a parody account https://t.co/jKIX3p6Lqx
— Zendaya (@Zendaya) November 12, 2017