2017 is reaching its end, but that doesn’t mean the world stops turning for a day. We’re all crossing our fingers that the new year brings forth some better luck, whether it be in our education, finances or personal lives. Let’s end 2017 on a good note and a final shopping spree.
Unfortunately, New Years Day is considered a federal holiday, so all federal offices are closed. What does that mean for our favorite banks and stores? Let’s find out what is open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Are Banks Open on New Year’s Eve/Day 2018?
Better visit the bank while you can. Banks will not be open on New Year’s Eve/Day 2018. If you planned on barhopping or going out in general make sure to withdraw any cash you need on hand. Then again, ATMs made this an easy fix, too.
Are Stores Open on New Year’s Eve 2018?
Even though New Year’s is considered a federal holiday, a lot of stores will stay open this time of year. Better yet, most of them have huge sales to usher in the new year. Here’s a list of stores that are open on New Year’s Eve.
- Walmart: SuperCenters are open all night, regular stores close at 8 P.M.
- Stop & Shop: Closes at 9 P.M.
- Target: Closes at 9 P.M.
- Walgreens: Closes at 11 P.M
- Best Buy: 10 A.M. – 7 P.M.
- Home Depot: 6 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Kmart: 8 A.M. – 10 P.M.
- Kohl’s: 9 A.M. – 9 P.M.
- Macy’s: 10 A.M. – 7 P.M.
- JCPenny: 11 A.M. – 9:30 P.M.
- Costco: 9 A.M. – 5 P.M.
- BJ’s: 9 A.M. – 7 P.M.
- Dollar General: Regular hours, check with your nearest location.
- The Apple Store: Closes at 6 P.M.
- Barnes & Noble: Closes at 6 P.M.
- Dollar Tree: Closes at 7 P.M.
Are Stores Open on New Year’s Day 2018
Some stores will resume their normal business hours on New Year’s Day, so feel free to keep partying during the ball drop. You’ll have plenty of time to catch up on shopping the next morning. Here’s a list of stores that will open with their normal schedule.
- Toys “R” Us
- Rite Aid
Here’s a list of some stores that will close early.
- Best Buy: Closes at 7 P.M.
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Closes at 6 P.M.
- BJ’s: Closes at 7 P.M.
- The Home Depot: Closes at 5 P.M.