Valentine’s Day may be all about your lover, but Galentine’s Day is a day where we celebrate the special women in our lives: our girlfriends. They’ve been there for us through the nasty breakups, heartbreaks and when we just need someone to vent to. They laugh with us, cry with us, and they know the importance of countless amounts of chocolate and a heating pad when it’s that time of the month. They know what it’s like when we’re going through “girl things” and are right by our side when we call them at 3 a.m. crying. This Galentine’s Day these 10 quotes will make for the perfect caption to show just how much your gal pals mean to you.
1. “We made a deal ages ago… men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.” – Samantha
Because there’s nothing like your girls.
2.”A friendship between women is different than friendship between men. … It’s my women friends that keep starch in my spine, and without them, I don’t know where I would be.” — Jane Fonda
Your girls keep you together.
3. “I guess some people object to powerful depictions of awesome ladies.” — Leslie Knope, Parks and Rec
When the squad is on fire, and people can’t handle it.
4. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” — Winnie the Pooh
It’s great to have friends, but it feels even better to be one.
5. “She’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us.” — Cher, Clueless
Which is really what a strong friendship is based on right?
6. “Okay, but you have to listen to everything I say. When I say jump, you say on who?!” — Blanche, The Golden Girls
Real friends have your back, literally.
7. “They say nothing lasts forever …dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie, Sex & The City
True friendship is always in style.
8. “It’s bullsh*t to think of friendship and romance as being different. They’re not. They’re just variations of the same love. Variations of the same desire to be close.” — Rachel Cohn & David Levithan, Naomi and Ely’s No Kiss List
Love is love.
9.” If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor.” — Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
If this isn’t the definition of Ride or Die, I don’t know what is.
10.Women are for friendship, men are for f*cking” – Samantha, Sex & The City
Leave it up to Samantha to keep it real.