It feels like it’s taken forever, but finally, we can all rejoice that it’s the first official day of summer! There are so many awesome things that the summer season represents, a break from school, longer days, GORGEOUS weather, day parties, vacations and plenty of time to soak up the sun.
Kicking off the first day of summer is the summer solstice, where the sun appears to stop granting us the longest stretch of daylight that we see all year. To kick off the longest day of the year and the beginning of what is sure to be a fantastic summer, here are 20 Instagram captions to get your summer started off with a bang.
1. “Let the summer begin.” – Unknown
2. Dear Winter — I’m breaking up with you. Summer is hotter than you.
3. I feel pretty shore this is going to be the best summer yet.
4. Shell, yeah — it’s summer!
5. Don’t get tide down this summer. ‘Tis the season for having fun.
That Summer Feeling
6. “Summer is not a season, but a state of mind.” – Unknown
7. “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” — Kellie Elmore
8. Girls just wanna have sun.
9. “Every summer has its own story.” — Puji Eka Lestari
10. “Summer nights and city lights.” — A Summer Scene
“Summertime, and the livin’ is easy.”
11. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” — Sam Keen
12. “I’m multi-slacking today.” — Unknown
13. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it.” — Robert Orben
14. What does the sun drink out of? Sunglasses!
15. Good times and tan lines.
Eat. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.
16. “Don’t worry, beach happy.” — Unknown
17. What did the ocean say to the shore? Nothing — it just waved.
18. Summer — that crazy little sun of a beach.
19. “Nothing but high tides and good vibes.” – Unknown
20. What do whales like to put on their toast? Jellyfish!