A Woman Temporarily Lost Her Sight After A Salon Accidentally Used Nail Glue On Her Lash Extensions

There are so many beauty procedures that are becoming normalized, but there are still risks when getting lash extensions, laser hair removal, acrylic nails and more.

A college student had a terrible experience while getting lash extensions and everyone should take her story as a cautionary tale. Megan Rixon, 20, temporarily couldn’t see because a beautician accidentally attached her eyelash extensions with nail glue.

According to the Daily Mail, while getting the lash extensions on Rixon said her eyes began to burn and she had tears streaming down her face. The salon just told her it was a normal reaction to getting lash extensions.

Rixon got her lashes done on October 19 at a local salon but has yet to name drop which salon she went to.

“When she was doing the first one my eyes were stinging lots,” Rixon told BuzzFeed. “But she said, don’t worry, it’s normal, and told me to hold my eye open.”

“It was burning so much my eyes were naturally closing, but she kept telling me to hold them open,” Rixon continued. “After she was done, I sat up on the bed and couldn’t open them. I said, this isn’t normal, but she kept saying it was.”

“This one is on fire, but this one is won’t open as much. This is as far as I can open them,” Rixon said in a video posted to Twitter. “I’m not crying because I’m sad I’m crying because my eyes are continually water. Everything is very blurry.”


She wrote that she lost her for two hours after getting her lashes done improperly.

Two hours after getting her extensions she went to a walk-in clinic where she got eye drops and wash to treat her eyes.

“My eyes are recovering well, still very sensitive. Occasionally the left eye blurs and both are a tiny bit sore but are getting better every day.” she told BuzzFeed.

Be careful when getting lashes done.

31 Halloween Captions That Are Perfectly Spooky For Your Instagram
Read More:
  • 10614935101348454