A Newlywed Couple Died In A Helicopter Crash On Their Wedding Day

Posted by Bailee Ackerman on Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Texas couple died early Sunday in a helicopter crash right after their wedding in Uvalde, Texas.

Bailee Ackerman Byler and Will Byler were married on Saturday, November 3. Both were seniors at Sam Houston State University, according to The Houstonian, the school’s student-run newspaper. Bailee was studying Agricultural Communications and Will was majoring in Agricultural Engineering.

According to the New York Post, The wedding took place at the Byler family’s ranch. The couple left their wedding reception in a helicopter and crashed roughly 15 miles from the ranch. The pilot, Gerald Green Lawrence also died along with the couple.

Posted by Bailee Ackerman on Friday, January 5, 2018

The helicopter crashed at about 1:47 A.M. Sunday on November 4, My San Antonio reports. The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash. They tweeted that the helicopter that crashed was a Bell 206B model.

The Federal Aviation Administration, which is helping with the investigation, says the helicopter “crashed under unknown circumstances in a remote area.”

The Uvalde County Sheriff’s Office said police received a call about the possible down aircraft around midnight in the northwest region of Uvalde County. It wasn’t until after the sun was up on Sunday that they found the helicopter.

Katie Ellis, a friend of Bailee’s, said that the Bylers were part of the rodeo team at school and were family orientated.

“(Bailee) was full of life, beautiful, and could light up a room with her smile,” Ellis said in an email to My San Antonio. “When Bailee met Will she completely fell in love. Will was so adventurous and lived life to the fulled every single day and Bailee always went with the flow.”

“I love them both so dearly and they will always be so special to me,” Ellis said. “They will be greatly missed by many. One day we will all see their smiles and dimples again.”

Bailee was expected the graduate in December and Will in May 2019.

Elsa Hosk Models This Year’s Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra That Costs $1 Million
  • 10614935101348454