A Teenager Suffers Crazy Allergic Reaction To Hair Dye

A 19-year-old French student is claiming to have suffered a severe reaction to hair dye causing her head to swell in size. She claims that her head nearly doubled in size and that she almost died.

Yahoo! Lifestyle reports that Estelle did a patch test of the dye before dying her whole head. She didn’t realize that the dye contained the chemical PPD (paraphenylenediamine). PPD is commonly used in hair dye, but the allergic reactions to PPD can be intense. If allergic, PPD could cause rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, rapid swelling and respiratory failure.

Estelle told Le Parisien that she didn’t do the full patch test. She left th dye on her hair for 30 minutes as opposed to the full 48 hours before dying her whole head.

She told the French publication that she noticed an allergic reaction almost immediately. The swelling began soon after and she took antihistamines to hopefully calm the allergic reaction.

The next morning she woke up to her head swollen. Her head measured 24.8 inches when the average size is 22 inches. Her tongue was also swollen along with her head.

“I could not breath. I had a lightbulb head,” Estelle told Le Parisien.

She was taken to the hospital and her tongue continued to swell. She was given adrenaline and kept overnight. Since her scary allergic reaction, she’s made a full recovery. She’s sharing her story to warn others of the dangers of at-home hair dye.

PPD is very common in dark hair dyes and some makeup products. It’s regulated so there is a limit to how much PPD can be in products. The dye that Estelle used had less than 1% of PPD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgiajBHmhFc

Payless Tricked Influencers Into Paying Hundreds Of Dollars For $20 Shoes
Payless Tricked Influencers Into Paying Hundreds Of Dollars For $20 Shoes
  • 10614935101348454