After a breakup, the awkward debate of whether you keep your pictures with him/her on your feed is the start of creating a newly single profile. That next Instagram post is announcing your reclaimed freedom, and it can be told in ways that radiate confidence, positivity, or spite. Depending on how you want to be perceived by not only your followers but your ex, the energy lies all in the caption. Lucky for you, I got you covered with potential post-split captions, you just need to provide a fire picture to go with it.
Let the world and your ex know that you are doing completely fine, and you are feeling really good about yourself. A contented caption shows you’re happy on your own and doing a great job at focusing on you!
- “Feeling good, living better.” — Drake, “Over My Dead Body”
- “They say good things come to those who wait, so I’ma be at least about an hour late.” — Kanye West, “Start It Up”
- “No looking back, spaceships don’t come equipped with rearview mirrors.” — André 3000, “International Players Anthem”
- “Baby, get your shine on.” — Florida Georgia Line, “Get Your Shine On”
- “He said to be cool, but I’m already coolest.” — Lana Del Rey, “National Anthem”
Spiteful, Sassy, and Salty
Look, there’s nothing wrong with being a little shady with a shamelessly spiteful caption. It’s a completely subtle method to call out your ex in a way that’s valid. Just say it like it is.
- “Thanks for the memories even though they weren’t so great.” — Fall Out Boy, “Thnks fr th Mmrs”
- “Call it a curse, or just call me blessed, if you can’t handle my worst, you ain’t getting my best.” — Nicki Minaj, “Marilyn Monroe”
- “Take your memories, I don’t need ’em.” — Keith Urban, “You’ll Think of Me”
- “No, I don’t like you, I just thought you were cool enough to kick it.” — Frank Ocean, “Thinking Bout You”
- “People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye.” — Taylor Swift, “All You Had to Do Was Stay”
Thank U, Next
You may be hurting in the slightest, but using a caption that shows you’ve moved on is a great way to actually start believing it. Get over them with these captions that say you are unbothered and onto better things.
- “To appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is.” — J. Cole, “I’m Coming Home”
- “You can’t choose what stays and what fades away.” — Florence + The Machine, “No Light, No Light”
- “I’ve got thick skin and an elastic heart.” — Sia, “Elastic Heart”
- “I’ve been movin’ on since we said goodbye.” — Dua Lipa, “IDGAF”
- “I admit it’s been painful. But I’ll be honest, I’m grateful.” — Selena Gomez, “Revival”
Me, Myself, and I
Let the world know you are strong an unattached by using a caption that provokes self-love and awareness of self-worth. Show off your individuality and that you are too good on our own to need anyone else!
- “Middle fingers up, put them hands high. Wave it in his face, tell him boy, bye.” — Beyoncé, “Sorry”
- “Thank you, next.” — Ariana Grande, “thank u, next”
- “It’s a me, myself kinda attitude.” — Lizzo, “Soulmate”
- “This queen don’t need a king.” — Daya, “Sit Still, Look Pretty”
- “Gonna love myself, no, I don’t need anybody else.” — Hailee Steinfeld, “Love Myself”
Breaking up doesn’t have to be a painful or sad thing. Let Instagram energy help the healing and get you back to the amazing confident individual you are!