Ariana Grande Gets Sued Again for 7 Rings


This isn’t the first time “7 Rings” has been called plagiarism. Princess Nokia also claimed that “7 Rings” sounded pretty similar to her track “Mine.” Princess Nokia posted a video on twitter reacting to Ariana’s song and says “Does that sound familiar to you? ’Cause that sound really familiar to me. Ain’t that the lil song I made about brown women and their hair? Hmmm… sounds about white.”","level":0,"displayType":"paragraph"}],"displayType":"section"}]},{"elements":[{"text":"https://twitter.com/HOWIMFEELlNGNOW/status/1216396905644789760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw","displayType":"twitter"},{"elements":[{"text":"
Even with all these claims of plagiarism Ariana only gets about 10% of royalties from “7 Rings” as the song samples Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music. Ariana signed 90% of the royalties to Rodgers and Hammerstein and shares the remaining 10% with about 7 other writers.","level":0,"displayType":"paragraph"}],"displayType":"section"}]}]; var articleType = 'ARTICLE'; var favoriteImage = ''; var articleDescription = 'Despite being released almost exactly a year ago, Ariana Grande’s song “7 Rings” is still stirring up controversy.<br> https://twitter.com/AGchartsNET/status/1218020352607080449<br> Josh Stone, a musician who claims that Ariana stole the hook for “7 Rings” from his song “You need it, I got it.” Ariana’s song repeats the phrase “I Want It, I Got It. I Want It, I Got It.” While Stone’s song repeats “You Need It, I Got It. You Want It, I Got It.” Sounds pretty similar lyrically but, musically fans are not buying it.<br> https://twitter.com/butera_culture_/status/1217924246476873728<br> According to Stone, he brought the song to music executives including Tommy Brown who often works with Grande. The songs also have the same metric placement of the phrase “You need it/ I want it, I got it.” Forensic musicologists have studied the two songs and said that the rythm and notes are pretty similar.'; var slide_index = parseInt(0); var slide_json = createSlides(slides, articleType, favoriteImage); var initial_slide = slide_index; var initial_url = location.pathname + location.search; var base_url = '/2020/01/17/ariana-grande-gets-sued-again-for-7-rings/'; var next_gallery = '/2016/12/23/ex-brings-erotic-photos-to-exs-wedding-details-photos/'; var first_load = true; var has_scrolled = false; var title = "Ariana Grande Gets Sued Again for 7 Rings"; var path = base_url