This is too easy to make an excuse.
It starts with just one step.
Don't hurt yourself out there!
These apps will give you the tools you need to get healthy and fit.
"So when we live in a society that profits from your insecurities, be a rebel and LOVE yourself."
Who's up for a run?
Here are some great exercises that will help you engage your entire core (not just the ones you can see in the mirror).
OMG it's currently seven degrees up there,' 'I can't wait to have my own bathroom again,' and 'I seriously hate packing' are just a taste of my thoughts this morning. Luckily, I was able to take a break from it all yesterday to find this awesome ab workout from SHAPE Magazine - yes, I like to take a break and workout, too.
Wouldn't you love to look and feel great when you go home for Thanksgiving dinner and have people complimenting you on how your fit frame...I think yes! And why not start out with the difficult-to-target inner thighs?
Everyone has one of those days. You know, when you lounge around donning a mindless, blank stare after a long day, weighing the appeal of working out versus spoon feeding yourself Nutella while catching up on the latest episode of The Walking Dead.
If we've learned anything from Black Swan, it's that we should think twice before watching another R-rated movie with our parents - yeah, that was awkward. Luckily, some of the more normal dance-inspired entertainment out there offer us a different lesson: dancers have amazing bodies!
Now, you can take classes in Pilates, the Bar Method, cycling, martial arts and more -- all while roasting in a room that’s 100 degrees or even hotter. Devotees of these classes love them because they leave every workout dripping with sweat. They see quick weight loss results, and think that all the sweat is helping them detox. But are they really doing that much good?
• Adele wants to get healthy but NOT too skinny• Try these 5 vegan recipes that are actually good! • 5 non sweat ways to jump start your bikini body • Really odd remedies to heal your female aches and pains! • All is fair in love and workouts! • Could you say no to red meat for 30 days?
• Suzanne Somers chases youth with 80+ supplements a day!• Eating healthy only takes 30 minutes a night! • Want to splurge safely on salty foods? • Check out 16 things Snooki shouldn't (but might) do while pregnant! • Make your own healthy breakfast bars! • Salmon with a touch of lavender?
• 8 ways to use a workout bench • Do you track what you eat in a food journal? • The joy of a high-risk quickie! • Wanna have more fun during your workouts? • 5 super foods that will give you a whiter smile!
• 8 healthy Valentine's Day gifts that aren't lingerie • Tighten your tummy with the ultimate ab sculptor • Learn how Madonna stays healthy and fit • 40 Recipes to satisfy your chocolate cravings • Want to work out at work? • How to lose weight and keep it off
•Stressed? Have the best shower ever •Fire up your metabolism, here! •They exist...healthy alternatives to Girl Scout Cookies •Five fun ways to use Pinterest •The Ultimate Fitness Workout •New Trend: The Man Bun
• Why you should try fitness games• What all those organic food labels really mean • How to beat the winter blues • 10 songs to add to your running playlist • The best winter diet recipes • Are these healthy eating myths ruining your diet?
• Do you prefer a male or female personal trainer? • Make sure to get back to the basics with breakfast • 4 more facts you didn't know about calories • How to make your fitness resolutions a reality • 100 healthy snacks under 200 calores
• 5 health & fitness apps that you should download now • Fast fixes for your most hated workout moves • New to working out? Check out these tips! • What to say when your friend is depressed • How to beat mindless munching • Healthy sandwich makeovers you should try
• Avoid the gym this January! Resolution makers will steal your favorite treadmill!• 11 healthy holiday treats that help you stay slim! • Did you try one of the biggest diet trends in 2011? Find out here! • Don't believe the hype! 10 healthy eating myths that we all fall for. • Is your resolution to drop a few lbs in the new year? Help yourself out and journal about it!
• Avoid these fast-food foot court eats• Holiday drink recipes that keep your body fit • Recite these stay fit and positive mantras to keep your body focused this holiday season • Seven tips to try today that keep the flu away • Women stay fit: journals are a girls best friend • Avoid snacking during these parts of the day • Wait? You can get fit sitting on the couch?
• Beware: some common hangover remedies may actually make it worse!• Breakfast ideas for under 300 calories • Look better in your jeans • How to avoid weekend weight gain! • 4 foods you should never eat
• This week, do a post-Thanksgiving detox• Winter is coming: ways to avoid 5 common cold-weather health problems • Stress less every day • Get terrific thighs in 5 easy moves • Thinking of going off your birth control pill? read this! • Scents to de-stress, fight off menstrual cramps, put you in the mood, and more
Sure, Thanksgiving is a food-heavy holiday, but I can assure you that one day of splurging isn't going to hurt you! If you're going to eat a lot, then at least be sure that you're going to make up for it on the other days of the year. Seriously. Oh, and throw in this awesome cardio burst & ab move into the rest of your routine and I can guarantee you won't feel as guilty in your turkey hangover.
• Who decided that skinny was beautiful?• 3 totally intense crossfit body workouts • How to overcome your yoga fears • 7 habits to keep the cold away • 5 healthy holiday superfoods • 25 best skincare tips
• Is your prescription drug going to kill you?• 14 low-cal cocktails that won't break your diet rules • Why women that squat a lot have the best butts • The best hairstyle inspirations for girls to try • Yoga poses that every woman should do • 8 texting mistakes men make when it comes to the first date • 16 tasty soups to try this winter
•The best Fall foods for weight loss • The reason your McRib tastes more like a McYoga McMat • These 21 snacks keep you trim and slim • Kick that cold before bed • The best beauty buys for fall and winter
• How this book will you help you keep your mind clear• Giuliana Rancic speaks out about breast cancer and encourages other women to, too • Ways to make fall inspire your fitness • A real housewives tip to fake a toned, hot bod • Why docs recommend that every morning start with morning sex
Do you ever wonder how much you’re really improving every time you head out for a run or go to the gym? Or maybe you’re trying to make fitness a bigger priority, but have trouble designing workouts and keeping track of your progress? Luckily, in our time of internet and smartphones, there’s an app for that.
• Women get naked to battle Barbie's body image• Tips for on-the-go women: how to stay connected to the internet and yourself • Dinner solutions: healthy crock-pot recipes • Stay slim with these smoothie delights • 20 sex secrets no one ever told you about
One of the biggest misconceptions about getting fab abs is that you need to do 100,000 crunches a day. Although that is definitely a mid section burner, it's not the most effective way to go. There are several muscles in our core, including the rectus abdominus (hello, 6-pack), transverse abdominus (deepest side muscle), as well as the internal and external obliques (love handle central). That's why planks are known to be one of the best core stabilizing moves because it incorporates all of these muscles.