Orgasms are by far the most fun you can have for free. I mean, ladies, AMIRITE!? Here are 20 facts you never knew about the female orgasm and how you can have your best one yet.
1. You won’t reach an orgasm every time you do the deed.
According to Planned Parenthood, 30% of women have had trouble reaching an orgasm. As many as 80% have difficulty reaching orgasm through vaginal intercourse.
2. They can happen without penetration.
3. Condoms won’t affect whether you do or don’t.
A woman will equally reach climax with or without a condom.
4. They take a while.
The average woman need about 20 minutes to orgasm.
5. Oral is one of the best ways to get off.
Some women find it difficult to climax from vaginal sex alone – it doesn’t do a great job at stimulating your clitoris.
6. You can orgasm from direct clitoral stimulation.
More than 70% of women can orgasm this way.
7. They can cure pain.
For only about 10 minutes after climax that is.
8. The average female orgasm lasts 6-10 seconds.
Some lucky girls will have them lasting up to 20 seconds.
9. Nipplegasms are a thing.
“When the nipples are stimulated, oxytocin is released, which causes the same uterine and vaginal contractions associated with orgasm,” says Christiane Northrup, obgyn and author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom. “This brings more blood flow to the genitals and can trigger an orgasm.
10. Anxiety, poor self esteem, feeling insecure can keep you from a happy ending.
Feeling super on edge? Leave your stress outside of the bedroom and start feeling sexy.
11. Different positions help you orgasm better.
It all depends on what feels better for you.
12. They get better with age.
Whoever told you they stop at certain age lied to you. Some people can experience orgasms well past the age of 90.
13. You can get one from exercising.
Your best options are core exercises and yoga. Repetitions are key.
14. Finding your G-spot may improve the likelihood of orgasm.
The location differs in all women, but it’s most often characterized as a “rough” patch inside the vagina.
15. Kegel exercises increase the likelihood of orgasm.
They exercise the pubococcygeus muscle.
16. You can can experience ejaculation.
The total amount of liquid released is usually not over 1 teaspoon.
17. Like nipplegasms, birthgasms are also a thing.
Some women can experience orgasms while giving birth. Pushing can stimulate the area that was once fired up when the little one was created.
18. An orgasm burns just 2–3 calories.
The activities leading up to orgasm can burn up to 50 calories.
19. You can have one in your sleep.
During the cycle in which most dreams occur, blood flow to the vagina can increase causing the area to engorge as it would during orgasm.
20. They induce chatter.
We’ll put the blame on oxytocin for that one.
[Story via Cosmopolitan, Random Facts, Woman’s Day, & Women’s Health]