One Tree Hill – a show that premiered 12 years ago today (yes, really) – may have been billed as a show about Nathan and Lucas Scott, but anyone who watched the show through its entirely will tell ya: Brooke Davis became the heart of the show. When the show premiered, Brooke was a spoiled popular girl who kind of ruined everything, but she grew into a smart, successful, intensely kind woman who would drop everything to help others and always did the right thing. Any girl who watched her character unfold undoubtedly learned a few things from the beloved B. Davis, including but not limited to:
1. ‘Love’ doesn’t always have to be romantic love.
2. True friends can forgive each other anything.
3. Just because one guy hurt you, doesn’t mean they all will.
4. You have to fight for what you believe is right.
5. People can change.
6. No matter how badly you want a relationship to work, sometimes it’s just not right.
7. Heartbreak can be an incredibly powerful motivator.
8. It’s okay to wear your heart on your sleeve.
9. Wonderful things happen when you least expect them.
10. You are enough.
One Tree Hill: 10 Reasons To Rewatch The Show On Netflix
[Lead image via]