We all know by now that Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston have officially broken up after just three months of very public dating. But now that their romance has ended the Internet rumor mill is churning out some pretty interesting theories about the relationship. Here are five of the best theories floating around the web right now and some of them are definitely a little bit weird. You’re definitely going to want to check these out.
- Their romance was a performance staged for an insanely long music video or visual album, very much like Beyonce‘s “Lemonade” video.
- The whole relationship was a ruse to boost Hiddleston’s image in Hollywood and in the American media. He’s definitely a household name in the states now, that’s for sure.
- One enduring theory is that it was a “showmance” to make sure that Hiddleston nabs the James Bond role, which is up for grabs at the moment. Some say Swift also wants to be a Bond girl and a real-life relationship with Bond (if Hiddleston were to be chosen) would definitely add some on-screen sizzle.
- Taylor Swift’s PR team created the relationship to deflect attention away from her scandal with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian over his song, “Famous.”
- One of the funniest, though, is that the whole scheme was concocted by Idris Elba to get Hiddleston out of the running for the Bond role. Yeah, right.
Maybe we’ll never know what really happened. Or maybe we can expect an epic music video soon. Either way, we’re looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.