Sometimes the best lessons in life can be learned from drag queens. Contouring? Drag queens. Lip-syncing? Drag queens! The LGBTQ+ community is the source for so many of our greatest modern cultural touchpoints and they continue to influence our lifestyles daily.
Social media is something we use every day and it’s important to perfect. Why not learn even more lessons from drag queens? To get as many likes as possible, a caption is imperative. Luckily, queens are full of iconic quotes that will help anyone slay the ‘Gram.
Here are a few of our fave suggestions courtesy of the queens of Rupaul’s Drag Race.
1. “I don’t have a sugar daddy. I’ve never had a sugar daddy. If I wanted a sugar daddy, yes, I could probably go out and get one because I am what? Sickening! You could never have a sugar daddy because you are not that kind of girl. Baby everything I’ve had, I’ve worked for and I’ve gotten myself. I built myself from the ground up, you fucking bitch!” -Shangela
2. “I like long walks on the beach, big dicks and fried chicken.” -Jujubee
3. “I look spooky, but I’m really nice.” -Sharon Needles
4. “If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else?” -Rupaul
5. “Check your lipstick before you come for me.” -Naomi Smalls
6. “I’m feeling my oats! Let me feel my oats.” -Gia Gunn
7. “I don’t get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous.” -Alyssa Edwards
8. “Let’s get sickening!” -Laganja Estranga
9. “Donut come for me.” -Kim Chi
10. “I don’t get ready, I stay ready.” -Chi Chi DeVayne
11. “I didn’t come to play, I came to slay.” -Shea Coulee
12. “80% sexy, 20% disgusting.” -Katya
13. “Charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent.” -Rupaul
14. “Your edges are officially snatched.” -Aja
15. “My look is ‘God, I wanna go to Miami, but I can only afford Fort Lauderdale.'” -Willam
16. “Beauty fades, dumb is forever!” -Bianca Del Rio
17. “If it’s right, it’s right.” -Mariah Balenciaga
18. “Get a grip, get a life and get over it.” -Alyssa Edwards
19. “You’re perfect, you’re beautiful, you look like Linda Evangelista, you’re a model!” -Aja
20. “Good luck, and don’t fuck it up.” -Rupaul
Now show ’em, mama! Soon you’ll be America’s next Instagram superstar.